Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ride and Hold On
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Talon 1 29er came with Rockshox 100 mm forks and SunTour instructions. I downloaded the Rockshox preload instructions, but I'm not getting any changes in the process. My question is how many clicks on the dial? I've done 4 already, but not much, if any, change. The zip tie reads 11-12 mm, but according to the instructions they need to be around 18-25 mm. Also, yes, I've gone counter clockwise on my clicks. Bounced on the forks, etc. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read your original post very well. I'm not sure I can find anything online that answers your question. Have you found a solution?
It's a nice bike :)

·
Ride and Hold On
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi msFowler,

Thanks for the reply! And, yes, I figured it out. I made a stupid error. The fork was in the lock position, and I assumed it was unlocked since it still has a bit of travel even when locked. After I got that straight it all worked as it should. If I remember correctly I think 1 click was around 5mm of travel for me at 200 lbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks :). It's Desert Sage, the next best thing to Concrete.
Just curious, if you went fully counter clockwise until it stopped, how many clockwise clicks to get your desired sag?

·
Ride and Hold On
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang...my bad on the color. I'm probably color blind, but it looks awesome. I only had the black to choose. I didn't bottom it out. I just went off where it was already set. Put a zip tie by the wiper seal at the bottom of the fork entry. Sat on it balancing off my work bench. Was careful not to exert any undo pressure than my actual weight. Checked the distance from bottom of the zip tie to the wiper seal. Kept doing it til I got the distance suggested in the manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts