Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought a 2021 fox coil dhx2 performance elite (no high speed adjustments) for my 21 Commencal supreme, and it's like it has no rebound control, dial maxed out it's still a borderline pogo stick with a 500lb spring. Commencal specs it's shocks with a light compression/rebound tune but the shock I have has a light compression medium rebound so if anything I was expecting it to have too much rebound dampening.
Has anyone run into this lately? Been hearing a lot of qc issues with these shocks lately.. The shock is brand new from someone that took it off their new bike so I'm screwed for warranty..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 turns of preload.
It's quite, I've had a fox tech friend look at it but he only had time to bench dyno it at home and he said it seemed ok. He was leaving for a month holiday and said he'll look at it later. At work I bounced on some random guys supreme with the same shock in the bike park and it felt ok with a 450lb spring. Considering the one I have has a medium tune it should be able to go slower.

I just need to send it to fox and get it looked at and prepare to get bent over not having the receipt. The risk of buying second hand

·
Registered
2 Posts
A bit late to the show, but I just picked up a 2021 Supreme with the DHX2 Performance elite and mine too is very very fast even with the damper screw turned all the way in (slow). I assumed it may just be that this is a race oriented bike so it had a very fast rebound tune. Anyways, did you find any solution for yours or did Fox do anything?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.