Leg Shaver
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any insight? Leaks? Date?

Brain? please noooooo:nono:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
There will not be a brain on the 2021 Evo...
There are reports coming out of LBS manager seeming to confirm that the 2021 Epic Evo will be Brainless and 120 front and rear. They believe that the Stumpy ST will be no longer available as the Epic will fill that niche. I wonder what the length and stroke on the shock will be because I don't believe there are many options for the current model Epic.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
There are reports coming out of LBS manager seeming to confirm that the 2021 Epic Evo will be Brainless and 120 front and rear. They believe that the Stumpy ST will be no longer available as the Epic will fill that niche. I wonder what the length and stroke on the shock will be because I don't believe there are many options for the current model Epic.
It’s a new model so it doesn’t matter what the current one is. It’s designed around a 120
for the EVO.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
It’s a new model so it doesn’t matter what the current one is. It’s designed around a 120
for the EVO.
My point is the current shock length/stroke is an oddball size so you don't find many aftermarket or high performance replacement/upgrade shocks. I hope they don't do that again, but I believe it may be part of having two water bottle cages in the front triangle. Also, there is no such thing as 120 shock ...the 120mm refers to the wheel travel not the shock length or stroke, so saying it is design around a 120 is sort of confusing.

·
Leg Shaver
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hoping for a frame only option. this trend toward complete bikes is frustrating. It's like mfgs assume we will ride and invest in only one bike.

The other question that comes to mind is sizing. XXL? Will they move to the Enduro type sizing?

·
Registered
511 Posts
same, would love a frame only and hoping it's a sidluxe rear....
...I do find that Spesh and couple other manufacturers offer some attractive price points for completes and I use the lower level parts on my son's MTB's.....
we'll see....I'm hoping we get info soon...gave my oldest my 2020 fuse and need a XC daily driver

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hurry up Specialized and release it.

Dealer have details and many of them have ridden/seen them at press camps.

Let the masses know what we are getting....

Most of us are asking dealers to break confidentiality agreements on the details..

·
Leg Shaver
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this cant be said enough....Frame only option please because the majority of riders interested in this bike have other bikes and parts. please stop Bike industry expecting us to buy a complete bike every time we add or replace quiver.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Has anyone heard from their dealership when this is going to be out? I heard possibly June 4th but that has gone past. Hopefully soon!

·
Leg Shaver
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My shop said that it is delayed because of how busy the industry is with maintenance and trying to get their hands on mid range bikes they did not order last year for the sudden demand.

but that is it very mum on details. tight lips for sure.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
My local shop got three in yesterday S-Works in gloss carbon and a couple new Evo's didn't stick around long enough to see them out of the box.

They should be trickling into shops shortly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got a call from my shop yesterday that my EVO Expert would be ready very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Alive So Go For A Ride
725 Posts
Thanks

Is this from Europe, Asia or Down Under pages? Or USA?

XL seems small and how is it they leave out TT length?
Hi the TT length is not important an more with the seatpost and headtube angles changing so much.
The reach and stack a far more important and they relate to distances from the bottom bracket position.
The XL is very long so you should be happy.
Specialized are cutting back on XXL sized bikes for the last few years.
With the reach getting so long and longer Dropper Posts becoming so long it has not been a problem.
I have a problem with most modern mountain bikes getting a steeper seatpost angle, I can't find a bike to fit me anymore!
I ride a medium or large depending on Reach but need a 70° seat post angle to fit a bike, so custom is the only way for me.
Happy riding

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 1661 Posts