Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Details announced on the new Troy. This bike should be popular!

Noteworthy changes that I see which have directly addressed any nitpicks over the previous generation:
Narrower chainstays to reduce heal interference.
Steeper seat tube angle to align with current market trend.
Updated shock mount and traditional eyelet style shock.
100g lighter weight
2.6" tire clearance

20200828-MRP_078002.jpg

s1600_2021_Devinci_Troy_Carbon_XT_LTD_Full_Sand.jpg

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Yup, looks sick. I'll be keeping my 2019 one more season then I'll probably get one of these in a frameset. Not a huge fan of the purple and tan but not terrible either.

·
Bloody Bastard
167 Posts
I like both color ways. The 2021 bikes are definitely worthy of consideration. I gifted my 2019 GX build to my son, so I'll be in the market for a new bike in 2021 anyway. Looking at several brands, but the new Troy will be a contender in the ring.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was planning to replace my 2015 Troy with a 27.5 LTD build this winter but now I'm thrown for a loop since the Troy is 29 only. I rode both the 27.5 and 29 Troy in 2019 and liked both, but liked the 27.5 more. Considering there are no demo events happening this year (and likely next year) it seems unlikely I'd be able to find another bike I'd like. So I may end up just buying the 29er LTD build and living with it.

Pluses for 2021:

* Moved to Fox suspension
* Moved to Shimano drivetrain and brakes
* Got rid of the Reverb dropper

Minuses for 2021:
* No 27.5 option
* All frame colors are ugly
* LTD build comes with Performance Elite suspension parts instead of factory. I would have loved a gloss orange factory option for the fork.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yup, looks sick. I'll be keeping my 2019 one more season then I'll probably get one of these in a frameset. Not a huge fan of the purple and tan but not terrible either.
Pretty sure I will get a frameset also to replace my 2017 Pivot Switchblade frame. Found out I like longer bikes since building up my NS Eccentric hardtail.

Reactions: Tinshield
1 - 5 of 5 Posts