Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am currently in the debate between getting the new troy, or the new django for 2021. The "new" troy gets announced tomorrow, but I'm looking for some input from owners of either bike.

The main riding I am doing is trails, with lots of ups and downs. Occasionly riding some ski hills in the summer, but not doing much big jumps.

Any advice is appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have a 2018 Django and a 2019 Troy. The Troy is a more capable bike overall. That being said I built mine as a trail bike so 150mm up front with carbon wheels and light parts. It's under 30 lbs. I have a lot of rocky/rooty trails and the Troy handles it better than the Django. If your trails are on the smooth side the Troy may be overkill. Devinci didn't give the Django a big weight advantage over the Troy so it's not a big factor between the too in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input!

If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and what size troy are you riding?

I am 6'2, and on the brink of Large and XL.

Never owned a full suspension before so not sure on how sizing works best, and with covid I cant find anything around to test fit

Cheers

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I am 5'10" and ride a Large in both bikes. The 2021 Troy is longer though. I'd have to decide if I would go to a medium. I prefer a larger bike for the most part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts