Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have an XL Chisel 2021 model frame on order, should be arriving soon. Have almost all parts for my build, expect my front fork. Will be going with a 100mm Rockshox SID or Reba. Most likely a pull-off from another bike.

Here is the question. Does anyone know the steerer tube length that comes on the bike from the factory build? ie. Will a tube cut to 6.5 fit? I run my Thomson stem low, maybe 1 spacer, FSA headset.

Thx so much. (Called Specialized, but they are overloaded with calls).

· Registered
136 Posts
Hey all, I have an XL Chisel 2021 model frame on order, should be arriving soon. Have almost all parts for my build, expect my front fork. Will be going with a 100mm Rockshox SID or Reba. Most likely a pull-off from another bike.

Here is the question. Does anyone know the steerer tube length that comes on the bike from the factory build? ie. Will a tube cut to 6.5 fit? I run my Thomson stem low, maybe 1 spacer, FSA headset.

I had an XL 2021 chisel that I put a take off Fox 32 on. And my steer was 7 1/4". I had 20 mm of spacers under the stem and none on top.. 6.5" may be cutting it close :unsure:

· Registered
144 Posts
Headtube Length + Headset Stack Height + Intended Spacer Stack Height + Stem Steerer Clamp Height = Minimum Steerer Length

If the sum of all parts is < 6.5in you are fine.

All those dimensions are readily available from manufacturers website, or through self measuring with a calliper.

· Registered
303 Posts

Depend. If a carbon steer. Is recomended to have a spacer on top , if not. Metal steering tube not need spacer on top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.