Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base 2021 Chisel. I bought the base knowing I would upgrade alot of parts so no need to get a more expensive bike that I would swap parts off of anyway. So that being said...I am sold on the XT cranks, XT cassette, Im good with the Deore RD for now and pretty happy with the Deore shifters. The Judy Silver will be one of the first things to ditch and after some research I like the looks of the SID SL. It looks like it outperforms the Fox 32 and is cheaper. It will be a big step up from the Judy, and ALOT less weight. I wanna get to around 25 pounds for the Chisel, and that will get me close...along with cranks, cassette and maybe carbon bars...that should get me there. Right now I am in the 27s with a dropper post, cages and pedals. So any other forks that I should look at? Any reason I SHOULDNT get the SID SL?

· Registered
303 Posts
I have a base 2021 Chisel. I bought the base knowing I would upgrade alot of parts so no need to get a more expensive bike that I would swap parts off of anyway. So that being said...I am sold on the XT cranks, XT cassette, Im good with the Deore RD for now and pretty happy with the Deore shifters. The Judy Silver will be one of the first things to ditch and after some research I like the looks of the SID SL. It looks like it outperforms the Fox 32 and is cheaper. It will be a big step up from the Judy, and ALOT less weight. I wanna get to around 25 pounds for the Chisel, and that will get me close...along with cranks, cassette and maybe carbon bars...that should get me there. Right now I am in the 27s with a dropper post, cages and pedals. So any other forks that I should look at? Any reason I SHOULDNT get the SID SL?
SID is the best out there for the money. Is the one I'm taking in consideration for my rig for those occasions with to much roots on the trail. But for the weight you looking to make in your rig is easy to get there. My is at 8.5kg (18.75) ready to fly. And if I add suspension Fork and dropper I'm gone be around 10 kg (22.00)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.