Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
11,429 Posts
I'd like to mention that Nick at Canfield was super helpful throughout the order process, answering all my questions and helping me choose the appropriate shock (I'm going with MRP Hazzard). Thanks, Nick.

BTW no inside-triangle bottle cage mounts -- they're under the DT on all frame sizes. No worries, I'll go back to using a bladder in my Wingnut. In recent years I've been enjoying a frame bottle but this is principally due to my laziness. :)

I'm eager to see how CBF suspension feels, especially in long travel mode. A riding buddy used to have a Riot and loved it. I was so envious of his bike that I resolved then and there to acquire a Canfield whenever they updated geo & tire clearence and increased travel. Stoked this day has arrived.
=sParty

·
Professional Noob
709 Posts
I've had a 2016 Balance for two years and literally never once locked my suspension. Wide open, all the time, and I have an easier time keeping up with my friends than I did on my old Cannondale Jekyll. Now I want a Tilt. I can't imagine how fast a Tilt will climb.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Nice looking bikes but get with the times... Short cs are so 2015. Balance is an ironic name for a bike they have lol
I loved 2015!

if you haven’t ridden a good bike with short stays, you don’t know what you are missing.

that said, sone folks prefer to plow and bull their way down the mountain, so that may be a reason to get longer stays.

I like to finess the bike, even at speed, current stays are 423mm on my fs 29” bikes and 420mm on my fs 27.5 bike.

Reactions: Gman086

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Both the Tilt and Lithium climb incredibly well.

Can't wait for everyone to ride these bikes!

I've had a 2016 Balance for two years and literally never once locked my suspension. Wide open, all the time, and I have an easier time keeping up with my friends than I did on my old Cannondale Jekyll. Now I want a Tilt. I can't imagine how fast a Tilt will climb.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts