Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
real life pictures

Sorry to hear you aren't digging the colors, but we do have shock and fork packages available as well as complete bikes! Like always, if there's another suspension or component option you'd prefer, we are always happy to put together a custom package for you (depending on availability). The tough part is that certain manufacturers have long lead times at the moment. Definitely contact us if you'd like to see what we can do.
Hi, do you have more "real life" pictures of the Tilt colors, as in out on the trail? the studio pictures seem to look very different than the actual colors based on some of the other recent canfield models.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m sure you’ll be happy with the revel. But they will build you a complete bike in a variety of different fork and shock options. They helped me with the wheel, brakes and just about anything else I wanted custom when I bought my Balance and Nimble. They take care of you better than any other company as far as I’m concerned. Not just bike companies. I’m sure more colors will be coming of these bikes

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I inquired about shocks. And they gave me different options, I went with the no option since Avalanche can reconfigure my current shock.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've been wavering back and forth on either a Tilt or a Lithium. I had a Riot. It was my do everything quiver of one bike. I sold it and bought a DH bike for the few times a year I actually go to the bike park. As well I bought an XC bike to do the down-country thing, which turned out to not be my thing. So I'm thinking that the Tilt would be all I really need... but I'm so drawn toward the Lithium so that's what I ordered. Have the XC frame up for sale. I might sell the DH sled too, but not sure on that yet. I also just got myself a fat bike that can handle the really mellow stuff, and the Lithium could be for everything else. We'll see. Otherwise I'm stoked!!!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I've been wavering back and forth on either a Tilt or a Lithium. I had a Riot. It was my do everything quiver of one bike. I sold it and bought a DH bike for the few times a year I actually go to the bike park. As well I bought an XC bike to do the down-country thing, which turned out to not be my thing. So I'm thinking that the Tilt would be all I really need... but I'm so drawn toward the Lithium so that's what I ordered. Have the XC frame up for sale. I might sell the DH sled too, but not sure on that yet. I also just got myself a fat bike that can handle the really mellow stuff, and the Lithium could be for everything else. We'll see. Otherwise I'm stoked!!!
Sounds like you need both 😆. I have a Riot. So ill switch between them depending on where I ride. If I break the Riot ill get the Tilt.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sounds like you need both . I have a Riot. So ill switch between them depending on where I ride. If I break the Riot ill get the Tilt.
:yesnod: I like the way you think! However, the wife still hasn't got a good grasp on the whole N+1 math yet. I also have two little ones whose bikes (and snowboards and everything for that matter) keep needing upgrades every couple of years.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
:yesnod: I like the way you think! However, the wife still hasn't got a good grasp on the whole N+1 math yet. I also have two little ones whose bikes (and snowboards and everything for that matter) keep needing upgrades every couple of years.
AH, My kid has graduated college and the wife shares the MTB addiction. So she's an enabler lol. She's got a Process 134 and bought a Wreckoning this time last year. So I'm entitled now lol. I just gotta make sure I don't have more bikes than her.

You can run shorter shocks and forks on the Lithium, if the trail is too mellow. Have coil and Air options.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think you did the right thing. My Balance is good for mellow trails too. Lithium is just a 29er Balance. Call Canfield and talk to Nick, if you’re having any doubts. He wanted a Tilt. Then rode the Lithium. I think he’s going with the Lithium. I would get one, and will when I can, but just bought the first 2 bikes they came out with.

·
I'm with stupid
5,920 Posts
Was going to do the partial payment plan to order a new frame last night. Decided to run to the store, ended up smacking a deer on the way home. So now need to see what all this is going to cost me to get the 4Runner fixed....... then new bike time. I have a few months still.

·
Registered
297 Posts
AH, My kid has graduated college and the wife shares the MTB addiction. So she's an enabler lol. She's got a Process 134 and bought a Wreckoning this time last year. So I'm entitled now lol. I just gotta make sure I don't have more bikes than her.

You can run shorter shocks and forks on the Lithium, if the trail is too mellow. Have coil and Air options.
My wife used to ride with me. Now she only does when we all ride as a family

I'm thinking of running the bike with a 160. I already have a Fox 36 that I bought used that is set at 170, but I have a 160 air shaft left from my last 36.

I got the frame and shock option. I asked about different shocks from them and almost went with the MRP Hazzard. I had a Raze on my Riot and really liked it. Ended up going with the Ohlins TTX. Not a lot of info out there on them as there is on other shocks. But they seem relatively easy to rebuild and service at home including changing the stroke.

I think you did the right thing. My Balance is good for mellow trails too. Lithium is just a 29er Balance. Call Canfield and talk to Nick, if you’re having any doubts. He wanted a Tilt. Then rode the Lithium. I think he’s going with the Lithium. I would get one, and will when I can, but just bought the first 2 bikes they came out with.
Someone from Canfield replied to my FB comments basically stating about how great the Lithium pedaled. With the Tilt and Lithium basically having the same weight I was trying to come up with a down side to having the extra travel. I remember reading similar sentiments to what you're telling me about the Balance being a really great bike everywhere. Even for trails that didn't demand all of it's abilities. I always wondered what a "29'er Balance" would ride like. Guess I will find out now.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Love the looks of the Tilt, both colors. The pre-order prices are spectacular. $1,900 gets you a frame and a $700 shock!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hard to see in the photos, but the Tilt colors have a metallic sparkle in the clear coat that looks great in the sun.

Hi, do you have more "real life" pictures of the Tilt colors, as in out on the trail? the studio pictures seem to look very different than the actual colors based on some of the other recent canfield models.

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like you need both . I have a Riot. So ill switch between them depending on where I ride. If I break the Riot ill get the Tilt.
Guys don't listen to Stumpy. He'll get to ride my Tilt. Win-win.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Guys don't listen to him. He'll get to ride my Tilt. Win-win.
Lol, if I ride yours ill have to get my own!! But we'll have to trade. Im getting the Lithium. Will set it up 150/160 for local and 160/170 for Pisgah. We can trade off sometime.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Lol, if I ride yours ill have to get my own!! But we'll have to trade. Im getting the Lithium. Will set it up 150/160 for local and 160/170 for Pisgah. We can trade off sometime.
Ha I was talking about Stumpy. Didn't mean to confuse you! We live in the same town!

21 - 40 of 67 Posts