Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
How the hell does Devinci justify 6100 for an XT Django when you can buy a Trek Fuel EX 9.8 XT with basically the same suspension and carbon wheels for 5500? I like their bikes but c'mon.

That Troy looks good. Hopefully has better tire clearance.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah it must not be complete as you can see a black bike picture on their background's website (like the picture here, so probably the 2021 Troy) but not on their bike's list. I just hope there's gonna be more choice because the spartan colorway is mmmm not really good looking.. I saw a white one like 2 weeks ago and when I asked the guy (who was related to Devinci but don't know if he still his) if it was a color we would have, he said that he just painted it... but with the Django picture here, I think this could be a 2021 and he was only laughing at me! lol

Like the coil shock but still the same geometry and no frame only? :( Hope there's still more to come..

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Django begs to be over-forked imo. The frame is so stiff that the 140mm pike on mine feels like a weak link stiffness wise, and the suspension ramps up enough that you can definitely get away with more than an xc-focused 120mm (scalpel se, top fuel, etc). The weight is a bit high for that travel range, but I think for some riders that tradeoff is worth it since you get some added stiffness and durability from that extra material.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow that is stupid !! You lose your warranty if you change your dropper post!!! :O

"The warranty does not apply if:
The damages were caused by a fortuitous event;
The bicycle was purchased from a retailer other than those authorized by devinci;
The bicycle was not entirely assembled by an authorized devinci retailer;
The bicycle was repaired by a person other than an authorized devinci retailer;
You are not the original owner of the bicycle;
The instructions contained in the user’s manual for all frames and the technical manual for frames with double suspension were not respected;
The periodic inspection recommended in the user’s manual for all frames and in the technical manual for the frames with double suspension was not carried out;
Parts not supplied by devinci with the bicycle or not indicated in the user’s manual for all frames or the technical manual for the frames with double suspension were used;
The bike paint is damaged as a result of an adhesive frame protector installation;
The bicycle was used for an activity other than those for which it was conceived;
The bicycle and/or its components were subject to abusive use, negligence, abnormal and/or excessive use or was implicated in an accident;
The frame is too small for you;
You used an other seatpost than the one sold with your bike;
The frame and/or its components were modified (ex: polishing, structural or mechanical modification or addition, stripping, sanding, strain hardening, shot peening);
You continued to use your bicycle while it was damaged.''

·
Registered
241 Posts
Crazy!

I also hope that those two rules don't apply for frame-only purchases otherwise Devinci is off my next bike list right away!

-The bicycle was not entirely assembled by an authorized devinci retailer;

-The bicycle was repaired by a person other than an authorized devinci retailer;

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Crazy!

I also hope that those two rules don't apply for frame-only purchases otherwise Devinci is off my next bike list right away!

-The bicycle was not entirely assembled by an authorized devinci retailer;

-The bicycle was repaired by a person other than an authorized devinci retailer;
In recent years, the Troy and Spartan frame sets came with dropper posts. So long as that remains the case, I’d think that the warranty requirement applies there too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SP Singletrack rocks
2,044 Posts
I am guessing not complete yet. Why the hell are they over forking the Django at 150mm? Bike is over 31 lbs. SMH It's still a 120mm bike. At least they got rid of the ridiculous 35mm rim widths. If their intent is to overbuild the Django and drop the Troy that would be a big mistake. We'll see.....
35mm rim width and 2.6 tire are crazy good IMO.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
New Troy was released today...
I saw that. And i stand corrected. Truthfully, as a Troy 29er owner, I forgot that the 27.5 bike was released a year earlier. A three year cycle is more reasonable than a 2 year.

Seems that they’ve done away with frame only options

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I saw that. And i stand corrected. Truthfully, as a Troy 29er owner, I forgot that the 27.5 bike was released a year earlier. A three year cycle is more reasonable than a 2 year.

Seems that they’ve done away with frame only options

I think they were in a hurry to correct the complaints people had with them. 2.4 max tire size, heels hitting seatstays, Geometry didn't make the paid professional bike reviewers happy...,

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I think they were in a hurry to correct the complaints people had with them. 2.4 max tire size, heels hitting seatstays, Geometry didn't make the paid professional bike reviewers happy...,
Tire clearance is the only issue I’ve had. I never hit my heels. Funny, I rented a Transition Smuggler in Moab, which is regular boost and I was hitting them all day. Geo definitely on the conservative side but really good. I think I may put a 44 offset fork on mine. Might turn even better on the tight stuff I ride.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The new Troy ticks all my boxes. Maybe I buy a base alloy and swap all the parts off my Pivot Switchblade to it? I have enough parts to build my blade back up as a spare. N+1 LoL.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I plan on getting a new Marshall and over forking it with a 150 Lyrik and hoping to squeeze a 210x52.5 shock on there for 137mm rear travel. Can't resist a made in Canada bargain that I can plan with and beat on without feeling bad about it.

Anyone else have their eye on this machine?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts