Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
I wonder if they will bring back the "Atlas" albiet a bit lighter than what it was.
^^
This
Stiffer with slightly slacker head angle and does not even have to be lighter.
Not everyone wants these new (school bus geometry) trail/xc bikes, sure there is a big market still for short WB fun playful XC/trail bikes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd love to see an updated Troy.
THe Troy is a awesome bike. The newest version just hasn't made the pro paid bike reviewers rave about it. Bike manufacturers have to make a bike that appeals to those handful of bikerag reviewers which make customer want to buy them. Even though *most* riders aren't doing bike parks flying through the air with no hands.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Love my Troy. Only detail that needs to be addressed is the rear tire clearance. Bike should absolutely fit a 2.6 tire. How is it that the Trek EX with just boost hubs fit a 2.6 with room to spare but Devinci can't do it with super boost??

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Love my Troy. Only detail that needs to be addressed is the rear tire clearance. Bike should absolutely fit a 2.6 tire. How is it that the Trek EX with just boost hubs fit a 2.6 with room to spare but Devinci can't do it with super boost??
Don’t you have to run a sub-30T chainring on the new carbon fuels? If so, there’s your answer.
BTW, I too am a troy 29er owner and I also think the rear tire clearance isn’t ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Totally agree. I don't really care because I have no intention of running anything bigger than 2.4 in back, but getting the wheel in and out is a total pain due to the low tire clearance.

The Troy 29 is great otherwise. I could see the next version being a bit slacker to play better with the short-offset forks (my GX Ltd. rides much better with the 42 offset Lyrik at 170 with a -1 degree angleset - but I also live in a place where we have proper descents, and I'm riding it like an enduro bike).

I could see the Spartan 29 being due for an update. They must be losing out on sales due to the relatively steep head angle and short reach for a bike of that category. But it's also only in its second year right now.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Totally agree. I don't really care because I have no intention of running anything bigger than 2.4 in back, but getting the wheel in and out is a total pain due to the low tire clearance.

The Troy 29 is great otherwise. I could see the next version being a bit slacker to play better with the short-offset forks (my GX Ltd. rides much better with the 42 offset Lyrik at 170 with a -1 degree angleset - but I also live in a place where we have proper descents, and I'm riding it like an enduro bike).

I could see the Spartan 29 being due for an update. They must be losing out on sales due to the relatively steep head angle and short reach for a bike of that category. But it's also only in its second year right now.
Isn’t the Spartan coming into its fourth year? It was redesigned for the 2018 model year.

2019 gave us a new Troy
2020 brought the new Django.

My money is on the Spartan, in its current form, sticking around for one more model year (2021).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Isn’t the Spartan coming into its fourth year? It was redesigned for the 2018 model year.

2019 gave us a new Troy
2020 brought the new Django.

My money is on the Spartan, in its current form, sticking around for one more model year (2021).

Yeah, sorry, I meant Spartan 29. That’s currently in its second year. The Spartan 27.5 came out one year earlier than the 29.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know when they are releasing the 2021 models? And if they are bringing anything new out this year?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Seems like they aren't offering as many bikes this year. And no troy? Or this that not the full lineup?

Good question. On the lower specced models, It would be hard to believe that the line up goes from a DJango at 140 up front to a Spartan with 180. We shall see.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I am guessing not complete yet. Why the hell are they over forking the Django at 150mm? Bike is over 31 lbs. SMH It's still a 120mm bike. At least they got rid of the ridiculous 35mm rim widths. If their intent is to overbuild the Django and drop the Troy that would be a big mistake. We'll see.....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts