This is why I laughed when I saw they are charging $3800 for a frame only. Ive had Rocky Mountains and while they are fun to ride, they are super noisey and mine always felt like stuff was rattling, coming loose, and creaking.Dear Altitude owners,
I've had my 2021 Altitude C70 29 for about two months now, what a frustrating experience it has been so far.
The bike itself is amazing to ride when everything is working well, but for a bike that cost me half a fortune the list of problems I've encountered has been really disappointing.
Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences?
- My only 'current' issue is a loud creaking in the frame when the shock extends to the very top of it's travel. I've pulled the bike apart, cleaned/re-greased all the pivots and bolts, and correctly torqued everything, so I think it's the something in the shock.
I'm not sure if it's always done this as I've had many other noises that have distracted me which I've only recently fixed. I'm taking it back to the bike shop to get this looked at next week.
- Front brake caliper was installed with the spacers on the wrong side, so only 50% of the pad was contacting the rotor. Took me a few rides to work out why my braking power was so poor, then fixed it. I think this was just someone in the bike shop having a brain fart when putting the bike together, they appologised when I raised it with them.
- Left hand side rear brake pad constantly rubs on the rear rotor, and the caliper cannot move any further to the left hand side of the bike. That means I can't move the caliper any further over to stop the small rub, and there is no way I can centre the pistons in the caliper without the rear brake draging heavily.
- Fork felt super harsh and had a lot of stiction from day 1. After spending hours and hours bracketing my setup and trying basically every variation on every adjustment, I decided to give the lowers and air spring a service. The seals were bone dry and the air spring was caked with grease on the negative side. The fork feels much better now, although still a little harsh (tight seals maybe?)
- Headset creaking. Cleaned and re greased everything (twice so far).
- Noise during suspension movement coming from where the rear brake hose feeds into the bottom of the front triangle. Gave it a clean and a wiggle, seems to be sorted now.
So yeah, not a great experience. I could have taken it back to the shop for each issue I guess, but it's such a hassle and I want to ride the thing.
I don't live anywhere particularly dusty and I'm pretty careful with cleaning, just mild soap and a low pressure hose - so I don't think I'm the problem
Hopefully once the issue with the shock is sorted I can enjoy the bike instead of getting frustrated every ride with all kinds of creaking noises.
I have no problem paying normal pricing for Rocky bikes as they do ride great, but when the super dialed and silent S Works Stumpy EVO frame I bought instead saved me $800 over a RM Altitude frame theres something wrong.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk