Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Ben1988 pointed out, word on the street is that the Altitude will be an aggressive 29-er.
Post what rumor tidbits you have as you get them here!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Why not just have a 2021 speculation thread? The element is getting an update too so you'd better run and make a post about that too.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably a good idea...But I am most interested in the lighter, Long travel 29-er options...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why not just have a 2021 speculation thread? The element is getting an update too so you'd better run and make a post about that too.
the last update I received is that the element will not receive an update in 2021!

the update will come later end will be 120mm front end rear 120mm ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can confirm I heard this too, Element will be a 2022 refresh, as Rocky usually does 5 year cycles according to LBS. Instinct and Altitude are getting refreshes this year according to them, so I think the 2 threads is perfect.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
However, the last Instinct and Altitude refreshes were for ‘18, so things are changing rapidly enough to change that timeline, IMO.

·
Registered
346 Posts
you can see it uncovered in the background of the photos of all the other bikes on pinkbike.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a link?
Which article?
Heard some cool rumors...

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You mean the blue on blue splash painted one?
It’s pretty blurry.
And FUGLY

·
Off the back...
2,266 Posts
Altitude goes 29 for 2021, replacing the Instinct BC bikes. All new frame. Not surprisingly, the Instinct gets an update as well. TBolt will stay 27.5, but without any carbon or high-end builds.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I heard ALN in an interview say that her bike was 170/150, so I am assuming that the new Altitude has 150 in back.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Really hope this bike comes out soon, favorite 27.5 bike I had ridden was the Altitude, now I just want it with modern Geo and big wheels so I can swap parts over. I got excited this morning when they posted the 2021 colorways but still no new bike.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,418 Posts
Really hope this bike comes out soon, favorite 27.5 bike I had ridden was the Altitude, now I just want it with modern Geo and big wheels so I can swap parts over. I got excited this morning when they posted the 2021 colorways but still no new bike.
Fingers crossed it will come out sometime this week or next. My bet is next Monday it will go live, if not Friday.
Judging by the bikes they've been racing in British Columbia, it's gonna be rad.

I am going to sell my BC Edition (which is waiting on a new front triangle, but the frame is in perfect condition), and get one of these. That is my plan anyway...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've seen it and it is wicked.
Tomorrow right? I saw the spec list the other day. Can't decide if I should get the C50, or just suck it up and get the C70...
Not a big fan of the colors to be honest, would love to get a ride wrap like the enduro team are running, looks so good in that light blue/camo design

1 - 20 of 62 Posts