Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
New Bike Day! Wreckoning V3

Wrecker V3.jpg

Still waiting for RF Next R Bars, WeAreOne Convert wheels, and PNW Loam lever to complete the build....

·
Registered
315 Posts
It’s no sofa and still relatively agile with some good pop, but I will admit that it can dumb down mellower trails. I notice that when I ride my Offering and Wreckoning on the same “less steep and technical” trails, I get a bit more of an adrenaline high on the Offering. It feels like I’m going faster with more input from the trail...a bit more on the edge feeling than the Wreckoning. The exaggeration would be like riding a hardtail vs a FS. I still find myself grabbing the Wreckoning for most rides though because I can climb just as fast and has confidence to spare in the chunky stuff. If I had to choose just one bike, for the trails I ride, I’d pick the Wreckoning.
As long as it doesn't feel like it just sinks through the travel as soon as you hit a bump it should be ok. Had a bike that did that, it felt superplush but it did bob like crazy and as soon as it got really chunky it blew through the travel. I kinda like that the Ripmo sits high in the travel, but it could do with a little more sensitivity. Can't really say that the Ripmo in any way limits my riding though. It is way better then me ;)

Like everybody else I want that unicorn bike. A DH bike that pedals like an XC bike, plows through stuff like it's nothing, jumps like a dirt bike, light as a roadbike et.c :cool: Obviously that does not exist but maybe, just maybe the Wreckoning is a good compromise that still pedals good (I don't like climb switches, always forget to flip them), works ok and is fun on mellow trails but likely excels in bikeparks or enduro riding.

The biggest issue right now is that I don't think there is anyone in Sweden that sells them so it is impossible to test a bike. AND they are out of stock.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi. Has anyone upgraded from the stock super deluxe coil to the Push Elevensix ? Looking for some feedback . I'm sure it's going to be better since it's custom tuned but the Delta platform with the coil is pretty great, I have zero complaints. Just wondering if this is a gamechanger or marginal upgrade. I posted in the Push forum but not much on the V3 Wreckoning specifically.
Cheers

121 - 124 of 124 Posts