Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wonder how Evil prioritizes distribution on backordered bikes and frames considering their business model. They do bike shops, online dealers, and direct to consumer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
EDIT: I found out it’s 265mm

Does anyone happen to know the maximum seat insertion for a size Large frame?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on the new Wreckoning, but still not sure about the size ... Small or medium, i'm 5'65" and 30 inseam ... presently on a medium Ibis HD4, fell spot on with a 40mm stem ...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Why is evil have so much trouble restocking wreckoning? All other models are in stock

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Has anyone here ridden an Ibis Ripmo AF OR V2. If so how does it compare to the 2020 Wreckoning. Where is it better or worse? Does the Wreck climb as good? Does it have pedal kickback? How does it handle repeated square edged chunk. Does that very slack looking seat post above the elbow make the seat feel too far back on climbs when the post is extended?
The bloody thing has caught my eye in a big way. I did look into them a little before I bought my Ripmo AF but now the new GEO overall seems more to what I was after whereas the previous model not so much. Also I think they are probably the sickest looking bike currently in existence. The thing is I LOVE my RAF and would hate to spend that much money to not like the Evil as much. I don’t really want to have more than one bike. I could keep the RAF until I see if I like the Evil but that’s a big outlay just to find out it isn’t what I was hoping it would be. Any honest feedback will be greatly appreciated. The RAF is an awesome bike but it’s not perfect. I’m hoping someone can compare the two who has ridden them and tell me what’s awesome and more importantly what’s maybe not quite perfect about the Wreckoning. I can’t demo or even sit on one due to the distance from the nearest dealer and COVID restrictions meaning I would have to quarantine for 14 days just to come home again so I’m hoping for an honest comparison between the two bikes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Short stroke...?

Ok, just a potentially crazy idea..

I wonder whether the Wrecker could be short stroked on the shock.. working on the assumption that the 65mm stroke gives 166mm, I calculate that a 57.5mm stroke shock would give a 147mm travel. Any thoughts?

As for why? Well the majority of my riding is more suited to my current Offering, but the ability to bump the travel up for big mountain days etc is quite appealing..

·
Registered
772 Posts
Custom painted my Wrecker.

View attachment 1367225
Beauty!!! So as someone who has owned ALL the bikes in this category, is there somewhere I’m missing that you’ve posted your thoughts? I’m actually mostly curious how you would compare Sentinel to MegaT, but comparisons of all would be great to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
665 Posts
Beauty!!! So as someone who has owned ALL the bikes in this category, is there somewhere I’m missing that you’ve posted your thoughts? I’m actually mostly curious how you would compare Sentinel to MegaT, but comparisons of all would be great to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Wrecker has been my favorite big bike. The geo and suspension work really well for my riding style. The short stays help keep the bike agile and it has fantastic cornering. It pedals really well when needed, very similar to a bike like the enduro but slightly better. Both air and coil work great also. There are a lot of really good bikes out right now but this one works best for me.

·
Robertson
997 Posts
My local Evil dealer asked about availability dates for size L and was told Dec for coral reefer and Feb/March for black, just fyi

·
Registered
444 Posts
My local Evil dealer asked about availability dates for size L and was told Dec for coral reefer and Feb/March for black, just fyi
That's what I was expecting when I back ordered my Coral Reefer Wreckoning on Fanatik 2 days ago....then suddenly I get a call today and someone pulled out of their build so my frame shipped today....will have it in hand Thursday.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Been looking at the Wreckoning a little. Currently riding a Ripmo with -1degree slackset. With a Lyrik Ultimate and a Storia V3 Lok the bike feels really nice.

However I have had the bike for over 2 years now so the new bike abstinence is getting worse ;)

The Wreckoning ticks many boxes. Geo seems very nice, reviews indicate that even though it has 166mm travel it doesn't feel you are pedaling a DH bike.
Size wise both seems pretty similar in L. Evil size charts indicate I should choose M. I am 177cm (almost 5'10) and the Ripmo is an L.

But size aside, how does it perform on more mellow trails? Compared to other bikes of similar and less travel? Does it feel like pedaling a sofa and no fun at all? Pointing the bike downhill I am not the least worried, I am sure it is awesome there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Been looking at the Wreckoning a little. Currently riding a Ripmo with -1degree slackset. With a Lyrik Ultimate and a Storia V3 Lok the bike feels really nice.

However I have had the bike for over 2 years now so the new bike abstinence is getting worse ;)

The Wreckoning ticks many boxes. Geo seems very nice, reviews indicate that even though it has 166mm travel it doesn't feel you are pedaling a DH bike.
Size wise both seems pretty similar in L. Evil size charts indicate I should choose M. I am 177cm (almost 5'10) and the Ripmo is an L.

But size aside, how does it perform on more mellow trails? Compared to other bikes of similar and less travel? Does it feel like pedaling a sofa and no fun at all? Pointing the bike downhill I am not the least worried, I am sure it is awesome there.
It’s no sofa and still relatively agile with some good pop, but I will admit that it can dumb down mellower trails. I notice that when I ride my Offering and Wreckoning on the same “less steep and technical” trails, I get a bit more of an adrenaline high on the Offering. It feels like I’m going faster with more input from the trail...a bit more on the edge feeling than the Wreckoning. The exaggeration would be like riding a hardtail vs a FS. I still find myself grabbing the Wreckoning for most rides though because I can climb just as fast and has confidence to spare in the chunky stuff. If I had to choose just one bike, for the trails I ride, I’d pick the Wreckoning.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts