Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relatively new Van R rear shock, Has a dead spot at the beginning of the stroke where it feels like it has no compression damping... I disassembled the shock and did not see anything obvious so i reassembled and vacuum bleed the shock and its still there.

It can be at any part of the stroke, if you stop then try and compress again the dead spot is there.

Never got disassembled the lsc adjuster, maybe that's where it is? Feels like play in a shim stack?

Just checked not sure why i did not think before, if i back off the low speed compression there is no play so its obviously in the lsc assembly, guess i need to take it apart and investigate

·
Registered
90 Posts
What you are looking for is exactly a Smalley model RW-0050 spring. Small chance, but try the Smalley Distributor in Canada and see if they have this on hand. RotoPrecision is the name of the distributor.

EDITED Apologies, after a good nights rest I re-read your post and see that I think you're looking for fox part number 039-00-165, which is the coil spring on the check shim, not the wave spring that sits between the knob and adjuster. In that case maybe you can find something on leespring.com

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What you are looking for is exactly a Smalley model RW-0050 spring. Small chance, but try the Smalley Distributor in Canada and see if they have this on hand. RotoPrecision is the name of the distributor.

EDITED Apologies, after a good nights rest I re-read your post and see that I think you're looking for fox part number 039-00-165, which is the coil spring on the check shim, not the wave spring that sits between the knob and adjuster. In that case maybe you can find something on leespring.com
Its deff fox number 039-00-167 the wave washer, check shim operates as it should

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.