Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

401 - 406 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
my supercaliber bb shell was stupid tight. as was one of the strut bushings. Hambini would have a field day with them. You prolly gotta hone it out if you're doing it right. Shame on you, Trek.

·
Registered
280 Posts
no, see post 343 and related discussion above. If yours is remote it requires a Fox conversion to manual lever. I think some models with non Kashima shock come with manual lever, 2 position.
Why are so many of you eager to remove the remote lockout and swap for manual. Isn't is hard to reach down there during the riding to flip it? I imagine, for a race bike like this, remote rear lockout would be useful? (I do not own one of these, but considering getting one). Thanks

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Why are so many of you eager to remove the remote lockout and swap for manual. Isn't is hard to reach down there during the riding to flip it? I imagine, for a race bike like this, remote rear lockout would be useful? (I do not own one of these, but considering getting one). Thanks
you can do standing-start intervals on this bike without a rear lockout. it just doesn't need it.

because of weight complexity and clutter. the bike doesn't need a rear lockout. if you're putting along on the road or a smooth fireroad for along time then it could slightly benefit from it, just like any FS bike, but on trails or in dynamic use it's completely superfluous. front remote lockout is more personal preference i guess...

the fox shock-mounted lockout lever is very ergonomic and easy to reach, because it's nestled right below the top tube and easier to find with your hand without looking.

401 - 406 of 406 Posts