Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

361 - 380 of 406 Posts

·
chasing simplicity
1,273 Posts
no, see post 343 and related discussion above. If yours is remote it requires a Fox conversion to manual lever. I think some models with non Kashima shock come with manual lever, 2 position.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have same problem when pedaling hard, bb92 dub pf.
Any solution? The bike has 860km. Is it so early to need bottom bracket maintenance ?
I'll let you know how mine turns out after service. Once the start creaking starts, it will take service to get it to stop.

My past experience with other bikes with PF BBs was that once I found a BB that didn't creak, they would last a very long time. On one bike, it was a Chris King BB that worked really well and on another bike it was a Wheels Manufacturing BB that solved the creaking.

·
chasing simplicity
1,273 Posts
The BB92 Pressfit bottom bracket is a weak spot in terms of being subject to creaks. Mine was creaky most of the year and got worse as the season went on. Mine is in the shop right now to get it addressed. Probably something like a Wheels Manufacturing BB should help. I've had good success with them on other bikes with creaky BBs.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/...uring-shimano-bb86/92-bottom-bracket/p/25296/

I also had the clutch go on my Eagle AXS rear derailleur. Shop is also looking at this and I am anticipating it will be addressed under warranty but we'll see. It did not take any big hits that I'm aware of. I just noticed I had a bunch more slain slack than I should when I was changing tires last week.
I just scrolled down a bit on that link. Almost gagged on the price of the Ceramic Speed bb listed at the bottom. $460!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
remembering that the bikes that uses a DUB system needs a large diameter 29mm.
so you need a PF41 (with thread on cup like wheels manufacturing) for 92mm is not so easy to find,

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Build thread coming soon but i noticed they changed the rear rotor mount!!!!%\\*

The 20s were a 140 native. My 21 frame is 160 native. Whyyyyy. And why not mention anythhing on your site Trek. Either that or its size specific. Whyy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Build thread coming soon but i noticed they changed the rear rotor mount!!!!%\\*

The 20s were a 140 native. My 21 frame is 160 native. Whyyyyy. And why not mention anythhing on your site Trek. Either that or its size specific. Whyy
Only Sizes S and M are 140 mm,
The rest are 160mm native.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have same problem when pedaling hard, bb92 dub pf.
Any solution? The bike has 860km. Is it so early to need bottom bracket maintenance ?
rear the sound, it happens when pedaling hard out of seat

- BB PF checked, not removed only checked the torque
- Pedals Checked
- Middle link checked, clean and grease

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
First ride update...

This bike RIPS. It has no business being as good as it is. The rear damping is spot on. Plenty of low speed compression and more than enough high speed (which is a good thing at 60mm). the bike just goes; it’s incredibly efficient without beating you up. With the 69 deg head angle, its SUPER fun to throw into corners..it’s just so responsive. I’m so glad they didn’t follow the SLACK BRO fad with this thing. It descends fine and comes alive in the switchbacks and tighter corners. All in all, I’m extremely impressed with it. It truly is more than the sum of its parts.

B6a0Ld2.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Some squeakes sound after 400 km.
Ok, let's start shock&bushung inspection.

The shock surface, coils, bushings is absolutely dry. No oil at oil bath (in the back of shock).
Adding 15ml fork oil (10w, according manual), fork grease for bushings.
After service works fine, but still squeaks.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
if it's a high pitched serrated-type sound, i think its just the stanchion on bushing that you're hearing.

there's a thread in the suspension section discussing burnishing these bushings (and others) because Fox/Trek f$#^%d up the tolerances. how smoothly does the strut cycle by hand?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wanted to leave this here for logging purposes mainly, but also to check to see if anybody else had this issue...
At around mile 60 of riding(5th time out on 2021 9.8gx) my rear hub broke. I noticed i was having trouble shifting and then the pedals just started freespinning. I found the rear wheel was pretty loose so i tightened it down and then i could pedal but could not free wheel. Shop is repairing under warranty. I noticed the cassette wasn't spinning straight so assume the whole thing came apart.

361 - 380 of 406 Posts