Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand these are shipping this week from the first batch of orders back in July for selected sizes/models. Who's got one coming and how does it compare to your current XC bike? Sitting with my '18 Top Fuel 9.9 for now but watching you Supercaliber owners closely... :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ordered the 9.9. My ETA is 12/9 though for some reason.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told 21.0# for the one in that video as it sits.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
My LBS has one on the floor for the last 2 weeks.
They have 4 more coming in the next 1-2 weeks for their Demo fleet. I am hoping to get one to take out for the weekend to test.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
My LBS has one on the floor for the last 2 weeks.
They have 4 more coming in the next 1-2 weeks for their Demo fleet. I am hoping to get one to take out for the weekend to test.
Looking forward to your impressions!

For me, how it compares to a HT, especially.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Looking forward to your impressions!

For me, how it compares to a HT, especially.
I'll report back. One of the owners is gonna text me when they have shipped so I can get my name down for a weekend demo.
They have 5 bike and 2 frames coming as of now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was told 21.0# for the one in that video as it sits.
Did they happen to mention what size I was? Trying to figure out how much more over the medium weight the L is going to be

·
Community Manager at Trek
414 Posts
Does the industry do any real testing on this aspect or is it more of a off the cuff rating due to travel and whatnot? Specialized Epic and Stumpjumper are both condition 4 bikes but who knows what that really means vs a trek rating?
To my understanding, these are set in the industry as a whole and the conditions are across all brands - my assumption is this was set by the CPSC or similar. If you check out the conditions on the chart in our owners manual, it depends on the conditions of the bike for it to call under one or the other.

http://trek.scene7.com/is/content/T...ANUAL_Bike_Owners_USEN_580969-2_WEB-links.pdf

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm going to receive this week my supercaliber with 9.7 frame and the rest of the pieces of the 9.9 AXS. Before riding the bike I'm going to weigh the frame

Enviado desde mi iPhone AXS

1 - 20 of 406 Posts