Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1358 Posts

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Top Fuel pics have finally dropped in the 2020 MY thread, so let's start one dedicated to the Top Fuel only.

Looks like a bike that will suit me. Any links to detailed info yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks great! Really curious about how much this will weight. Also if you look closely at the headset it appears to have knock block.

Funny enough this is the exact setup of my current Top Fuel: 34SC, Dropper, XX1 AXS

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks great! Really curious about how much this will weight. Also if you look closely at the headset it appears to have knock block.

Funny enough this is the exact setup of my current Top Fuel: 34SC, Dropper, XX1 AXS
What does your's weigh in that configuration?

-r

·
Registered
632 Posts
If this new Fuel drops in at under 27lbs with clearance for 2.6" tires I may be moving back to Trek.

Currently on my first non-Trek in 10 years (Santa Cruz Blur TR) and I swore I'd never look back but now...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is it still 100mm in the back, or 120mm? If its 120mm, thats pretty close to the FEX. Makes me wonder if the FEX is going to jump to 140mm this model year.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The lack of 2 water bottles is getting old. Makes me want to stick to a HT. If I wanted a FS with 1 bottle. I'd get a Scott.
Seems they added Knock-block. Fox 34 SC. Rear lower shock mount is like the Slash, remedy, I hear the Fuel is getting the same mount. upside down shock mount was something Scott does. Wonder if the shock will be some odd Trek only size.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What’s the ‘19 one?
Not sure exactly, sorry. I'd suspect right above 2500g with the shock.

It's not the lightest, but I hope the ride feel makes up for that!

My 9.7 will arrive in two weeks so we'll see then if i'll end up getting a 9.9 AXS!

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thought I might go stupid and get an AXS, but dealer website is showing mid-October availability.

Excellent. This made me come to my senses, and order just the "regular" 9.9. ;)

Still, delivery estimate is early July. Damn!

24.36 pounds for a medium with tubes, per Trek.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Not sure exactly, sorry. I'd suspect right above 2500g with the shock.

It's not the lightest, but I hope the ride feel makes up for that!

My 9.7 will arrive in two weeks so we'll see then if i'll end up getting a 9.9 AXS!
What is the spec for the 9.7?
And other models if you know?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
What is the spec for the 9.7?
And other models if you know?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frame- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 115mm travel
Front suspension- RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, TwistLoc remote, tapered steerer, 46mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 120mm travel
Rear suspension- Fox Performance Float, 2-postion DPS damper, TwistLoc remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 190x45mm
Wheels
Wheels- Bontrager Kovee Comp 23, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
Tires- Bontrager XR3 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120tpi, 29x2.40"
Drivetrain:
Shifter -SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
Rear derailleur- SRAM NX Eagle
Crank- SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 32T steel ring, Boost
Bottom bracket- SRAM DUB, 92mm, PressFit
Cassette- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
Chain- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
Components:
Saddle- Bontrager Montrose Comp, steel rails
Seatpost- Bontrager Line Dropper, 150mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm
Handlebar- Bontrager Comp, alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
Stem- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8mm, 0 degree
Headset- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
Brakeset- Shimano hydraulic disc, MT501 lever, MT500 caliper

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thought I might go stupid and get an AXS, but dealer website is showing mid-October availability.

Excellent. This made me come to my senses, and order just the "regular" 9.9. ;)

Still, delivery estimate is early July. Damn!

24.36 pounds for a medium with tubes, per Trek.
Honestly i'm not really a fan of the pike on the 2020 9.9 axs... I guess i'd have to change it out for a sid!

1 - 20 of 1358 Posts