Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
It uses "FlexPoint" suspension, which is a single pivot design, AFAIK. So, no Maestro suspension. That doesn't mean it's bad, but it's a different system.

·
thecentralscrutinizer
2,964 Posts
Not a bad entry level FS bike.

·
Registered
616 Posts
looks like a fun bike for not a ton of cash...

however is it just me or does the XL size reach not seem super long at 471mm ??

in fairness the reach on my XL 27.5 Trance advanced 2 is actually shorter at 468mm..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Was looking at the 2020 stance 29 1 specs online... seems to be a really good value for a budget fs bike. Decided to go check it out in store at my lbs... they didn't have the 1 build just the lower specd 2. But they did have the new 2020 stumpjumper st 29 which is about $200 more and seems to directly compete. Comes with a dropper just like the stance, same travel, same fork, xfusion shock (not sure how that compares to the rockshox monarch on the stance), same groupset. Only difference is the sj st seems a bit sturdier with the threaded bb and through axles (vs pressed and qr on the stance). Idk both seem like great bikes overall for the price.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Stance 29 "1" 2020 review

I'm one of the lucky ones to get a 2020 Trance 1 29. It's no poor boy rig, it's fun to ride, and solid. Cross country riding Utah /Park City, Deer Valley. Very hard to find in the USA, I only saw 9 nationwide a month ago, and they are gone. Stance 1 is worth the extra bucks. The evolution is complete of the original Stance lineup. Tubeless ready, dropper post, wide bars, etc. means you're dialed in from day one. Cool camo/green color, and I'm coming from a 2008 Giant Trance 1. Check the online YouTube reviews, even the bike weenies are a bit surprised by this offering. The 29" just rolls over rocks. giant 29 Stance 1.jpg

·
I live to bike
2,394 Posts
I'm kinda upset right now ! I should have wait for this one and save some cash I bought the Trance 2 29er a month ago
The Trance 2 29 is a better choice if you can swing the cash. Much better suspension design.

The Stance 29 is a great bike, of course, but the Trance is still in another league.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's true there is always a step higher bike-for the money

The Trance 2 29 is a better choice if you can swing the cash. Much better suspension design.

The Stance 29 is a great bike, of course, but the Trance is still in another league.

You could say a Santa Cruz Tallboy for $2600 is a great deal too, but I'm 2 months in with the Stance 1, 29, just gets better all the time as you get used to the rolling speed, dropper post, tubeless tires, smooth gearing.

·
I live to bike
2,394 Posts
You could say a Santa Cruz Tallboy for $2600 is a great deal too, but I'm 2 months in with the Stance 1, 29, just gets better all the time as you get used to the rolling speed, dropper post, tubeless tires, smooth gearing.
Yep, you can't really go wrong with the Stance. My first full suspension was a Giant Warp over 15 years ago. Super entry level, as I had the base model, only $500! But it was a great bike at the time, and I had way too much fun on it. The Stance 29 is a much more capable machine than the Warp ever was. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love my Stance1.. great bike. Anyway to add a bashguard since the bike doesnt come with any ascg holes? Doesnt seem like i need one but the oval chainring i added looks so bare.. what can i buy to add a bashguard?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts