Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also interested in new V3 and how it rides compared to V2. I'm wondering how the V3 can be setup as a mullet, would it be with a 140mm 29er fork?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So no one on MTBR has a Spitfire V3 to comment on?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Moss
63 Posts
I am having one being built now by Dirt Merchants and hopefully it should be here soon. I will post after a few rides from the wet and muddy Pacific Northwest.

·
Registered
85 Posts
From the V3 thread, going mullet on Spitfire with 140 fork, 29 front wheel, and low setting roughly slackens the head tube angle (and corresponding seat angle) about 1.5 degrees.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not a fan of the Mullet. They just don't feel balanced to me. I'll go 100% 27 or 29...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am working with my bike shop and Banshee to bring in a large green Spitfire V3. I'll be putting a deposit down tomorrow to get the ball rolling. I'll be happy to share any info once it comes in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh boy, that looks fantastic.
Mine should be arriving next week!
It’s too bad it will be almost 2 months before enough snow melts around here to actually ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Frame arrived a few days ago. It’s mostly built up, still need a few small parts to finish it off. This is my first Banshee and now that I have seen it in person I am really impressed with the quality and attention to detail. When I ordered it I had thought the grey graphics on the frame were just decals on top of the paint. They are actually areas where the green paint was omitted and the raw aluminum shows through, it looks really sharp. I’ve only been able to sit on it at this point but I think the size large will be perfect (I’m 184cm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Gloworm Lights
448 Posts
Spitfire in British Racing Green. Built up as a demo bike for CWX in Rotorua, NZ.

Seen here in a SLX 'zero carbon' build. All up she tips the scales at 13.4kg or 30lb. Not bad for a trail shredder with no carbon or silly light parts (except tires with EXO housings)

Renthal Cockpit / Bike Yoke Divine Seat Post / Marzocchi Z1 Fork / Industry Nine 1/1 Enduro S Wheels / Shimano SLX Drivetrain and Brakes

20200218_145130.jpg 20200218_145545.jpg
20200218_145314.jpg 20200218_145243.jpg 20200218_145254.jpg 20200218_145330.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice video, beautiful bike, and thanks for sharing!

I assume you're running a small frame, what dropper post do you run? How do you like the spittyv3?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks betorac!
This is actually a Large, my wide angle lens made it look small.
here's my setup:

- full shimano SLX 12spd gruppo. 180mm rotors front and back
- pike ultimate 29er 140mm up front
- VeeTires SNAP 2.6 29er up front and 27.5 rear
- race face cockpit
- Charge saddle
- OneUp dropper post
- RHC Components Carbon wheels. SLX hubs
- OURY grips
-OneUp composite pedals

this spitty rocks. climbs amazingly well and super planted on the descents.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow that is quite a setup, especially with the mullet. Does it feel balanced and not too slack? Keith mentioned going mullet would slacken angles 1.5 degrees.

Also, how tall are you and what drop is the OneUp? I'm asking since I'm trying to decide my size. I'm 5'8'' and usually run a medium but post insertion is shorter than my V2 frame.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts