Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm waiting for the 2020 XC shoes, are they going to launch the "Torch" lineup for mtb? Otherwise, I'll go for the Expert XC shoes. Thanks
What do you mean by Torch????

The torch schemes (orange to yellow & thermochromic paint) were for the 2016 Olympic Games, and featured in all the 2017 stuff for XC and road.

Don't be expecting to see any Olympic special editions until about a month before the 2020 games, then they will run into the MY2021 stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What do you mean by Torch????

The torch schemes (orange to yellow & thermochromic paint) were for the 2016 Olympic Games, and featured in all the 2017 stuff for XC and road.

Don't be expecting to see any Olympic special editions until about a month before the 2020 games, then they will run into the MY2021 stuff.
Im talking about the Torch 2.0 and Torch 1.0 road shoes, and they have nothing to do with the olympics. They were launched as 2019 models so maybe a year later they're including the xc versions.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Im talking about the Torch 2.0 and Torch 1.0 road shoes, and they have nothing to do with the olympics. They were launched as 2019 models so maybe a year later they're including the xc versions.
Sorry, my mistake, I didn't even know they had a shoe called torch until I just looked.

Hmmm, I have SW Recon's - with a custom footbed. They work OK, but for the price I was expecting my feet to be in heaven, and they are just not.

·
Registered
471 Posts
see my post above...

I have seen the new Rime 1.0 and 2.0 = they were on Spech web site for 2 days and then they pulled them. See the pics here https://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/rime-1-0-2-0-availability-date-1118065.html. Would love to see the rest of the line-up.

You can also google rime 1.0 and rime 2.0.

For me, the best shoe might be an expert XC, but with the same upper as the torch series. The torch 3.0's are so comfy... but I want to try them against the rime 2.0

Most of specialized's shoes are out of stock and you'll see sale prices, plus third party vendors sellign close-out specialized shoes. I sense big changes coming to Specialized's shoe line-up for 2020...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.