Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2020 Sight C2 which she likes but hates the lack of lockout, so I have bought her a Super Deluxe Ultimate shock, the shock is a 185 x 55 that has been reduced to 50mm of stroke, I can pay to have this extended to 52.5 or I can cut the 5mm spacer out to put it back to 55mm. I've read conflicting reports about running a 55mm SD in this frame, some day the air can will bottom out on the lower shock mount, some day it's fine, so, is anyone running that shock with a 55mm stroke? Or has anyone tried it and had issues?
She's going to run it at 50mm this weekend and then if nobody can answer my question I think I'll cut the spacer out and test fit it with no air, if there is contact I can always get it spaced correctly.

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,789 Posts
I run a 55mm stroke Super Deluxe RCT B2 on a medium aluminum 29 frame with no issues. Derek Kidd who works for Norco says that there are some years and models of the Super Deluxe that will have clearance issues with the air can though. I'm not sure which. Matt Attiwill another guy from Australia was saying clearance issue may be with carbon frames as he's got no issues with his aluminum one either.

Also, check out this picture
in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho, United States - photo by grizzlyatom - Pinkbike

And this one
Norco Sight 170/157mm - Pinkbike Forum

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. This one is a carbon so still a little inconclusive on of it will work.
I guess the best thing to do it get rid of the spacer and test it, if there is contact, or it looks really close I'll get a 2.5mm spacer fitted.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone searching in the future, I removed the spacer and found that the air can gets close but does not contact the frame, there would have to be quite a bit of flex in the shock hardware to have a problem. I can see how it is to choose for norco to recommend but in my case it worked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts