Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Anyone know if the current Ally Scout is being made in carbon?
Its the perfect geometry - ticks every single box. But I want carbon...
Waiting anxiously for info as well. Demoed the aluminum version and really liked it. My "guess" would be yes for carbon.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Waiting anxiously for info as well. Demoed the aluminum version and really liked it. My "guess" would be yes for carbon.
I'm torn between building a Scout and a carbon Smuggler at the moment. I'd prefer a Scout but 4kg for frame is pretty ridiculous. The Smuggler is a full kilo lighter but I'll have to buy new wheels to build it which adds to the cost.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Should be a new Scout coming but look for changes compared to the current model. Carbon should be available.
My kid really wants the carbon Scout bike for his birthday, which is coming up in a couple of weeks. He's fine not receiving it on his birthday and getting it further down the line, but I really wish they'd make the announcement that it's coming prior to his birthday so it would be "official."

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
There is a lot of rumors going around about the "New Scout!" I really hope that it comes out soon. I did a TR demo in my local riding area and talked with the TR guy about the Scout. He gave up no info but it sounds like they are doing something different with the Scout. I asked about the carbon Scout and his answer was vague.......but he inferred that they were cooking up something juicy......fingers crossed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Saw this on Matt Macduffs Instagram last night riding with the transition dudes. For sure a transition. Looks to be carbon and less of a rounded look and more sleek. The new scout??

edit: I don’t know how to upload pictures but if someone else could help me out that would be great. It’s the tan bike in the Instagram stories.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Saw this on Matt McGuffey Instagram last night riding with the transition dudes. For sure a transition. Looks to be carbon and less of a rounded look and more sleek. The new scout??

edit: I don't know how to upload pictures but if someone else could help me out that would be great. It's the tan bike in the Instagram stories.
You'll need to post a link

·
Registered
8 Posts
Correct. It’s not a direct post where you gather likes and comments type of thing. If you go to his profile and you click on his picture in his bio section of his profile because you get to any of his uploaded pictures it will take you to his stories. There you will be able to click through until you see the one that has him on a ride with the guys from transition. There you will be able to spot out the tan possibly new carbon scout.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.