Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any rumors? It’s an Olympic year in 2020 and nino and Kate would look great on a newly redesigned spark rc. The new Scott addict discs just came out so it leads me to think a new rc might be in the works? I was going to buy a 900 pro rc but might wait...

·
Sneaker man
3,664 Posts
Boss of my LBS/scott dealer was at Scott HQ this week got to check out the new range, but all classified still apparently. So I guess shouldn't be too far away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, so I am looking to purchase a 2020 Scott Spark RC 900 in the next few weeks and was hoping the forum could shed some light on a couple questions I haven't been able to get answered on two bikes, the World Cup and the Pro. I have never used SRAM and love the fact that the Pro comes with the XTR groupset but, I haven't heard anyone speak badly about the SRAM X01 groupset either. Are these two groupsets on the same level? I have reached out to both Scott and Syncros to find out what the Silverton 1.5 CL wheelset compares to but, haven't gotten any response. Can anyone on the thread help with this? Are they really that much different that the carbon rims that comes on the World Cup (Silverton 1.0) outside the fact that they are alloy and not carbon? I am leaning towards the Pro to save the cash but, am willing to spend a little extra if it's really worth it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Okay, so I am looking to purchase a 2020 Scott Spark RC 900 in the next few weeks and was hoping the forum could shed some light on a couple questions I haven't been able to get answered on two bikes, the World Cup and the Pro. I have never used SRAM and love the fact that the Pro comes with the XTR groupset but, I haven't heard anyone speak badly about the SRAM X01 groupset either. Are these two groupsets on the same level? I have reached out to both Scott and Syncros to find out what the Silverton 1.5 CL wheelset compares to but, haven't gotten any response. Can anyone on the thread help with this? Are they really that much different that the carbon rims that comes on the World Cup (Silverton 1.0) outside the fact that they are alloy and not carbon? I am leaning towards the Pro to save the cash but, am willing to spend a little extra if it's really worth it.
I faced a similar decision to make with my 2019 Scott spark RC Pro. I was going back and fourth between that and the world cup. I went with the Pro because I like the XTR stuff more(everything but my brakes are xtr(those are XT) Being cheaper didn't hurt. I also got a killer deal on the pro and the deal on the world cup wasn't as good of one(at least IMO)

I would say the XTR is on a similar level with the XO1. Really comes down to personal preference. I know people who swear by sram. But every bike I've demoed that had sram groupsets, I just didn't care for them.

From what I remember. DT Swiss was making syncros wheels. I'm not sure if they still are. But that might be a good place to start to look at comparisons to see if you can find something similar.(pretty much all of their wheels nipples/spokes/hubs are either dt Swiss or syncros)

I am very happy with my decision to purchase the pro.

In your search, They're also not far off in weight(only about a half a lb different) not sure how important that is to you.

Depends on where you live, you might be able to find a demo shop or a demo taking place at a local trail.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
These are the wheelsets that came on the 2019 pro and world cup. I'd gather they're very similar to what is being offered now on the 2020s. Just branded syncros

1700s is pro, 1675s is world cup.

I upgraded my DT swiss x1700s to the 54t. Best 100 bucks I've ever spent. It's basically a plug and play. Not sure if that's possible with the current syncros wheels though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Personally i dont like sram eagle, i have one x01 and one gx derailleur, after 3-4 rides on the biggest cogs 42-50 gets out of sync and needs to be adjusted again, on my current Spark rc i have new xtr and i loved! I haven't touched the derailleur since May 2019, 5000km perfect shifting! Just set and forget, and shimano cassete has better steps than sram.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All a matter of personal preference.....

Personally i dont like sram eagle, i have one x01 and one gx derailleur, after 3-4 rides on the biggest cogs 42-50 gets out of sync and needs to be adjusted again, on my current Spark rc i have new xtr and i loved! I haven't touched the derailleur since May 2019, 5000km perfect shifting! Just set and forget, and shimano cassete has better steps than sram.
I've been cycling for over 30 years and previously worked as a bike mechanic all through college. Back in the early days of MTB, XTR was king....I've been using XTR components on my 1993 DB Axis titanium, with the most recent update coming in 2006. SRAM could not even come close to the precision and smoothness of XTR shifting. However, that has changed in recent years. I recently purchased a 2018 Scott Spark RC Team with SRAM Eagle GX. I recently gave that bike to my son, and purchased a 2019 Scott Genius Tuned with SRAM Eagle X01 components. I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth and precise the SRAM shifted. I've compared that with several of my friend's bikes running XTR, and the difference in so minimal. I actually feel that XTR shifts are more precise (better shifter IMO), however SRAM shifts are slightly quicker (better stepping IMO).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.