Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from the obvious DVO - Fox changes, what else are you expecting/hoping to happen in the next few months?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I’m real curious to see if Giant sticks with same theme of having a 29 and a 27.5 bike like they do with the Trance. The two bikes are not really the same.

Yes the 27.5 Trance is 3 years old. It’s a great bike. My wife rides one. I can picture a 27.5 and 29 Reign being similar. But the two Trances and vastly different. Maybe they will make a new 27.5 Trace with less travel like the new 29er. But a short travel 27.5 doesn’t make sense

Please give us a LT 29 Reign that you can pedal all day.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I’m real curious to see if Giant sticks with same theme of having a 29 and a 27.5 bike like they do with the Trance. The two bikes are not really the same.

Yes the 27.5 Trance is 3 years old. It’s a great bike. My wife rides one. I can picture a 27.5 and 29 Reign being similar. But the two Trances and vastly different. Maybe they will make a new 27.5 Trace with less travel like the new 29er. But a short travel 27.5 doesn’t make sense

Please give us a LT 29 Reign that you can pedal all day.
Talked to a Giant Canada rep recently and he said the 27.5 Trance isn't going anywhere (likely getting a refresh though) as it is still one of their top sellers. Apparently the 27.5 Anthem is done though so who knows, maybe there will be space in their line up for a shorter travel 27.5 Trance?

·
Registered
275 Posts
The 27.5 Anthem never really made sense to me. The Anthem is, or was their XC FS bike. What other brand makes a XC FA 27.5 bike?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 27.5 Anthem never really made sense to me. The Anthem is, or was their XC FS bike. What other brand makes a XC FA 27.5 bike?
I think the Anthem 27.5 was a mid-range travel option to replace the MY16 Trance's that moved from 140 to 150mm in MY17. With the Reign covering the 160mm and the MY17 Trance covering the 150mm range.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The new Reign is supposed to have a new seattube design with added clearance for longer dropper posts, let's see how that turns out.

210mm dropper posts from One up and Vectum are already on the market, just need a bike with a straight seattube to fit

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any news on an updated xtc? It would be nice if they could shave off some weight or build in a little more compliance (though I appreciate its ability to run 27+)?

I’m getting ready to replace my old superfly and get team deals on Giant. I really love the anthem 29, but that second water bottle would be nice once in a while for endurance races to keep the pack off my back.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
From the 29er bike forum - a thread started by Mountaindrew94

This is on the Las Vegas Giant dealer Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/GiantLasVegas/

From the post:
"A $3,200 carbon 29er? What???? The all new 2020 Trance Advanced Pro 29 3 has arrived at Giant Las Vegas! Swing by either location to see it in person, but don't wait too long, they were released in limited supply and will sell quickly!"

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
stance 29 is going to be the bulk of their release imo. Not sure if the long(er) travel 29r is going to get released with the rest of the 2020s or delayed. My LBS unloaded their 2020 giant bikes 3 days ago and is preparing for the release.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any info on what Giant is coming out with in Canada for Trance 27.5? I'm interested to see if they do a Trance 1 alum and what it will be spec with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"A $3,200 carbon 29er? What???? The all new 2020 Trance Advanced Pro 29 3 has arrived at Giant Las Vegas! Swing by either location to see it in person, but don't wait too long, they were released in limited supply and will sell quickly!"
Sweet, this is the kind of info I'm waiting for - lined up for a 2020 Trance 29er, apparently they arrive in NZ early next month. Would love to know what the specs are looking like, is that Eagle SX on that Trance Adv Pro 3?

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Thanks to gus6464 in the 29er forum for more info on the Trance 29 Pro 3 and components:

"It's this one. My local Giant dealer already has it. The page has the specs and everything. It's Marzocchi with fox dps and sram SX. The brakes are super budget shimano mt400.

https://bicyclewarehouse.com/product...tain-bike-2020"

SRAM SX....I guess that's brand new.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfXfJeb-71E

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Any news on an updated xtc? It would be nice if they could shave off some weight or build in a little more compliance (though I appreciate its ability to run 27+)?

I’m getting ready to replace my old superfly and get team deals on Giant. I really love the anthem 29, but that second water bottle would be nice once in a while for endurance races to keep the pack off my back.

That's what we need, an updated, lightweight XTC hardtail for racing XC on climbing and smooth courses.

1 - 20 of 309 Posts