Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what, if any, changes will be made to the Nomad V4 for 2020? Also, from what I can see, there is only two colors being offered. Is this true? What are the color options for 2020. I’m trying to decide if I should go with a 2019 in orange, or just order a 2020 model. Thx

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was wondering what, if any, changes will be made to the Nomad V4 for 2020? Also, from what I can see, there is only two colors being offered. Is this true? What are the color options for 2020. I'm trying to decide if I should go with a 2019 in orange, or just order a 2020 model. Thx
2020 colors are Black/white and eggplant/ aquarius green.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anybody seen the 2020 MY Nomad gloss carbon color in person? I’m wondering is it a true gloss black and white, or more of a really dark gray?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Has anybody seen the 2020 MY Nomad gloss carbon color in person? I'm wondering is it a true gloss black and white, or more of a really dark gray?
Probably not helpful...but my aluminum black nomad came in today. It's definitely black on the aluminum. Not sure how different the carbon one would be.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably not helpful...but my aluminum black nomad came in today. It's definitely black on the aluminum. Not sure how different the carbon one would be.
Thanks.
I'm getting a sweet deal on an orange 2019 carbon S build. I know the 2020 model S build now has a lock out on the rear shock, but to be honest, I don't think I would use it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks.
I'm getting a sweet deal on an orange 2019 carbon S build. I know the 2020 model S build now has a lock out on the rear shock, but to be honest, I don't think I would use it.
Yeah I wouldn't buy a 2020 just for the lockout. I didn't feel the need to lock mine out until I stood up and hammered on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Jesse Hill

Which bikes do they need to upgrade first? Bronson, Megatower, Hightower and 5010 were all redesigned more recently than the Nomad.

The current Nomad feels really good as it is now. I wonder how much better it can get. Maybe the next version will include a cleaner integration of the upper link (closer to the seatube like the Bronson/Mega/HT) and one-piece swingarm.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Here's when things got announced for full-suspension trail bikes going back as far as the last time they did an April 1st release (Nomad v3, in 2014). This is just new models, not the color and build kit updates:

So, assuming that the Tallboy v4 is released in the coming few weeks, then that would make the Nomad v4 the oldest trail bike in the stable. You could argue that it's therefore overdue for an update. You could also argue that Santa Cruz would finish lower-link-ifying all of the trail bikes before going on to the next version of VPP, which would bump the Blur and 5010 ahead.

My prediction:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would you say (for those that own one, or have ridden one), that the V4 Nomad is the “best” Nomad to date? I am very picky about my “rear ends”. I like em supportive and smooth. :eekster: I’ve been on a coil rear shock and Push link on my V2 for 8 yrs. A little nervous about going back to an air shock rear.

I may be an N4 owner tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, that would be best to do an actual demo. The dates they have available are very limited and I found a great deal so I have to act fast. I’m relying on the numerous reviews I’ve read, videos, and input here to help paint the picture of the V4. So far, I like what I’ve seen. I did have the chance to do a test ride at a LBS, but only parking lot stuff. Felt good there, but not actual riding conditions.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
@Jesse Hill

Which bikes do they need to upgrade first? Bronson, Megatower, Hightower and 5010 were all redesigned more recently than the Nomad.

The current Nomad feels really good as it is now. I wonder how much better it can get. Maybe the next version will include a cleaner integration of the upper link (closer to the seatube like the Bronson/Mega/HT) and one-piece swingarm.
I think the tall boy is due for a refresh and also even though in the past they said they would not be making one I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on an E bike. At this point it seems everyone is trying to get in on that market and it is only growing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just picked up a 2019 N4 C, S build. Can’t wait to get it out on some trails.

It seems the Super Deluxe R rear shock only has 5 or 6 clicks of rebound adjustment. Is this correct?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.