Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
The only thing I saw was a price of $3100 on their U.S. site. That seems like a price drop (I thought it was more like $3400).

Yeah, you can't post something like this and not include a link!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No URL available yet. Giant hasn’t posted to the main site yet but they do have a real image of it out there, I’ll post it up. Looks like main changes are an even more budget oriented SRAM SX drivetrain and it comes with a Marzochi fork.

Listed at 3200 in a pro model so full carbon but lower level components. Not a bad price in a full suspension carbon frame. Assuming that's accurate. No specs out yet, just images and price points

Attachments

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Okay, after a bit of searching, this is what I found. It's on the Las Vegas Giant dealer Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/GiantLasVegas/

From the post:
"A $3,200 carbon 29er? What???? The all new 2020 Trance Advanced Pro 29 3 has arrived at Giant Las Vegas! Swing by either location to see it in person, but don't wait too long, they were released in limited supply and will sell quickly!"

·
Registered
273 Posts
Considering the Advanced Pro 29 frameset itself sells for close to $3k, thats a hell of a deal if these things are really going to be $3,200, even if its a lower level shock on there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where did you find the image? Is there a link for it? If you know that it's listed for 3200, there must be a link for that.
Just info from a dealer. Giant has a whole separate website for dealers to order from and info on bikes coming out before the public website gets updated. So no, there's no public link yet, just images from Giant to its stores.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was just looking at the Trance 29 3 for $2,100
But also the Stance1 for $1,800

I am coming from a 2012 Talon 29er. I've often thought I wanted a smaller tire for weaving between the trees. yet part of me wants to stay with the 29. I am 5'8"

opinions? I'd pretty much be riding Ohio/Indiana mostly Ohio. Lots of Roots/hardpack

·
Registered
257 Posts
Continuing the trend of charging more and getting less......and they say there is no inflation. Pass.

What will they spec down to next year? Sram ZX?

·
WillWorkForTrail
4,989 Posts
I was just looking at the Trance 29 3 for $2,100
But also the Stance1 for $1,800

I am coming from a 2012 Talon 29er. I've often thought I wanted a smaller tire for weaving between the trees. yet part of me wants to stay with the 29. I am 5'8"

opinions? I'd pretty much be riding Ohio/Indiana mostly Ohio. Lots of Roots/hardpack
The Stance doesn't have Maestro suspension. For an apples to apples suspension comparison, look at the Trance vs Trance 29. Some people are simply more comfortable on the smaller wheel. It might not hurt to try to find a demo day in your area and ride both bikes.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Stance doesn't have Maestro suspension. For an apples to apples suspension comparison, look at the Trance vs Trance 29. Some people are simply more comfortable on the smaller wheel. It might not hurt to try to find a demo day in your area and ride both bikes.
cool thank you I had no idea on the suspension between trance and stance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.