Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new fuses being so long is anyone downsizing on them? I want to run a rigid fork and probably a 70mm stem (head angle will be an estimated 69*). I am really considering ordering a small at 5'9. I rode a medium 2019 fuse and a medium 2018 spot rocker.

·
Titanium Junkie
Why Cycles S7, Specialized Levo
1,706 Posts
I would really have to ride each back to back to weigh in, I have a 2019 Carbon FUSE and it's already long for me at 5'8 and with the 45mm stem. Not sure mentally I could go down to a small, but I'd have to demo it. These bikes (pretty much everything new) are getting too long.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Getting back into trail riding here. I’ve yet to sit on one, but was looking into them and was wondering the same about sizing down. I ride bmx, so thinking the smaller frame wouldn’t be much of a bother. Not being familiar with all the geometries and what I’d like the best (as it’s been 20 years), it’s interesting to hear others with some of the same thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
old and slow
404 Posts
As the new bikes get longer, the contact points are not moving as much as the top tube and reach measurements would suggest. Part of the growth is offset by the steeper seat tube angle and slacker head tube angle. Both of these move the contact points, which are higher on their axes than the reach measurement, closer together.

I rode a large 2020 Fuse demo bike and it fit like a typical large Specialized MTB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.