Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I just got a new bike (2020 Liv Intrigue Advanced 1) with the 2020 Fox Float Performance Elite FIT4 fork with 150mm of travel. I have gone through the set up using the recommended settings according to the manual. I love how the fork performs going downhill and over roots, rocks and just rolling over small drops or large rocks. I'm finding that the front end feels a little heavy though. What I mean by that is that I am not getting the "pop" that I am looking for when I try to bunny hop or get a little air by manualing off of curbs or small drops.

Which settings should I play with in order to maximize that feeling without losing the feeling of the smaller bumps (roots/rocks) being smoothed out?

I have the air pressure set for a little higher than suggested for my weight (currently at 70 PSI).

I have 22 clicks of compression damping adjustment in open mode, currently set at 18 clicks as per manual suggestion. 22 clicks would be "plushest".

I have 10 clicks of rebound adjustment, currently set at 7 clicks with 10 being least amount of damping and fastest rebound.

I'm not really an aggressive rider, more like a playful one. So far, I have only used around 2/3 of the fork travel and have been riding trails pretty typical of what I usually ride.

Thanks for your help in getting my new bike feel dialled in!

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
Your settings don't seem too far out, have you tried raising your handlebars 10mm?

The general rule for making more pop is more pressure, more ramp and less damping.

So I would go 2 clicks faster on rebound (to 9) next if you want to try a different fork setting

Pressure is already higher than average so you should be ok there, but could try slightly less but add a volume spacer or 2, do you know how many are in there?

Don't read too much in to how much travel you use - a) you might just not need that much travel on the trails you ride, and b) as you get used to the bike and more comfortable you will pick up speed and start using more travel anyway. It's best to just work on does it feel better/or feel worse and base your adjustments on that

Your LSC is actually about as soft as it gets - there isn't much change from 18 to 22

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. From what I have read, it comes with 2 volume spacers and can hold a max of 7? How would adding more change the feel? Would stiffening the LSC give me more of what I am looking for?

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
Increasing the spring force means you have more energy you can compress and release to get the "pop", adding spacers creates more spring force deeper in the stroke so it will also help give you more to push against

Increasing lsc will make the fork ride higher but since damping absorbs energy rather than storing it, you won't get the same pop feeling when you push in to the fork, unless you run an excessive amount of it which will then also compromise grip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.