Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up an Ibis DV9 hardtail. Debating putting the Fox 34 SC from my SB100 on it, and putting a new Fox 34 (non-SC) on the Yeti, or leaving the Yeti as is, and putting a new 2020 Fox 32 SC on the HT. I'm ~ 205 lbs (not including gear). I've had previous versions of the 32 SC, and they were too flexy. Love the 34 SC. Wondering if the new 32 SC will be better - Fox claims it is "as stiff as a 34".

Also, I'm thinking a non-SC might be a little plusher and stiffer on my Yeti, without adding too much weight.

Would love some feedback, if anyone has experience with the new 32 SC; or comparing a 34 SC to a 34 non-SC.

Thanks.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,166 Posts
There’s no way the 2020 change will be significant compared to the larger stanchions and crown of the 34. As stiff as a 34 is BS, plus there are more directions of stiffness that are important than just one. I have the old SCs, both of them, but increases in stanchion size are far more effective than other measures.

·
Orange Bikes USA Dealer
1,417 Posts
I agree with the above. I'm 155 lbs and I have always ridden the 32 Step casts, until I rode a 34 Step cast.

Then I sold all my 32's and bought 34's to replace them.

No comparison. If you are 205 lbs, it's a no brainer - go with a 34 Step cast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.