Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3010 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the 2020 Enduro Thread got taken down while I wasn't paying attention. I know there was a dealer event a few days ago for the Enduro so I'm guessing pictures leaked and Specialized wasn't too happy...

So far I'm hearing crankworx launch, 29 only, and slacker than the stumpy Evo with a head angle in the 62's. Anyone have any new info?

·
Registered
32 Posts
According to the screenshots (which i will not post) i made from the leaked pictures it tends very much in the DEMO niche if you haven´t seen them. I hope the new Kenevo will also make a step in this direction.

j.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the screenshots (which i will not post) i made from the leaked pictures it tends very much in the DEMO direction if you haven´t seen them. I hope the new Kenevo will also make a step in this direction.

j.
According to some friends and my local dealer who have seen the actual product shots you are very correct.

At this point I'm just hoping they give it some proper reach, because currently both the stumpy Evo and new demo don't come long enough to fit me at around 6'4". I've got a pre order in for a carbon Guerilla Gravity The Smash (and I'm on the old smash now), but if Specialized does good with the Enduro I might just have to get one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I hope too. I´m 6'2" tall and i´m still not sure if should take an L or XL Enduro if it´s that short as a demo...
I´m gonna visit Specialized University in Holzkirchen next week..., we will see....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a 2017 Enduro in XL, never really got along with that bike and it always felt a bit small, the 2018-19s are bigger though.

Any chance you could PM me those screenshots? Would love to see it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
According to the screenshots (which i will not post) i made from the leaked pictures it tends very much in the DEMO niche if you haven´t seen them. I hope the new Kenevo will also make a step in this direction.

j.
I mean, if you want to dm the pics, I won't be mad.

Pretty stoked on this. A friend rode a prototype this past year and simply gushed about it. I just want to test it out myself. Seems like it will be between this and a Reign 29 for me. Coming off a jekyll 27.5 (and because a buddy with a 27.5 who didn't love the vibe of the 29 jekyll). Got on a trance advanced 29 1 and def ready for big wheels and big travel now that brands have it more sorted.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Also gotta lol that google image search still pulls up the prototype demo and old version of this thread.
If the anti-squat and other things they seemed to prioritize on the new demo carry over enough, it should ride well. Most people have always had good things to say about the enduro anyway. They also tend to have the best EP, which helps some of us choose bikes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also gotta lol that google image search still pulls up the prototype demo and old version of this thread.
If the anti-squat and other things they seemed to prioritize on the new demo carry over enough, it should ride well. Most people have always had good things to say about the enduro anyway. They also tend to have the best EP, which helps some of us choose bikes.
Haha yep the EP is the only reason I bought my '17 Enduro. It was a fine bike, but I always felt is was just OK at everything and never felt that special. A lot happier with my Guerilla Gravity now but if the Stumpy Evo is anything to go off of this new one could be something really special.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah, spec was a little slow to get better geo. I had a carbon camber evo that was maybe 450 reach for xl. And for a while, stumpy was still that for XL, which turned me off to it. Jekyll is 495 and going shorter than 480 just seems silly these days. Oddly, it was a case of steepening sta because the ett is about the same on the camber as the jekyll and my trance 29. Just feels better in the downward direction with the longer reach numbers.
Stumpy evo would be a cool park bike, but I think it'd suck to ride around central PA with all the rocks. low bb is low. Good for what it can do, but not all around riding here.

·
Professional MTBR Member
510 Posts

j.
I think the new Demo 29 is officially the ugliest downhill bike on the market.

Quite a change from the Demo 8 27.5, which was probably one of the prettiest.

·
Registered
275 Posts
1. Yeah.
1a. I mean, my bikes are pretty. I will avoid buying a bland black bike if I can help it.
1b. I bet you also care what your bikes look like.
2. If only they showed things besides vague shapes, like parts spec and the like.

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,301 Posts
Funny enough, I didn't buy my Ebike for it's looks. While I do like how it looks, that played nothing in to it. I liked my '17 Al Comp, but I wanted SWAT and coil, so I got the Ohlins coil model.

Considering how often I throw the bike down the trail, looks are really not my thing.

In my opinion, we are close enough to "peak bike". The small improvements are so small that I don't imagine replacing a bike for performance reasons ever again. Hell, just the small difference between the '17 Comp and Ohlins Coil (which people claim is massive) isn't even a reason to upgrade. Glad I did, but it wasn't needed. My '17 is now a spare parts, and potentially, spare bike if I ever destroy the '18 out of warranty.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Based on the leaked photos, I think the new Enduro looks nice. Better than the Demo 29, but, the Demo 29's looks don't bother me. The angle of the pictures are kind of strange so it's hard to tell for sure, but the reach doesn't look huge but the HA looks slack.

1 - 20 of 3010 Posts