Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry people- I'm not apart of the Canfield Bikes Co. Just a prototype I have from long ago.
I might be selling this one though.
Classic misdirection 😂

·
Registered
382 Posts
Damn I hope this thing comes out soon, Corona might have delayed things a bit? That Revel rascal keeps calling my name and don't know how much longer I can hold out for the Riot!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Damn I hope this thing comes out soon, Corona might have delayed things a bit? That Revel rascal keeps calling my name and don't know how much longer I can hold out for the Riot!
With the Revel bikes using CBF and being carbon frames, I wonder what, if anything, Canfield will do about a Riot successor. A short to medium travel 29er seems to be an open slot in their lineup, but I'm not too sure they'd update an alloy 140mm trail bike. Sure, the alloy frames make sense for the more rowdy riding the Balance and One.2 probably see. Nimble 9 keeps the classic steel hardtail alive. A carbon Riot seemed like the natural progression, but that bike basically exists now as the Revel Rascal. Somewhat related (and discussed on the Ranger thread) is weight. My Riot is built up to around 32.5 lbs. Yes, it could loose weight going to a Fox 34 fork and carbon wheels and other bits. But if I were shopping a new bike in the 120-140 travel range, and for our mostly XC trails here, I'd be looking for something lighter. That's not really Canfield's m.o. And I understand XC/light trail isn't the type of riding Canfield caters to. Just an interesting thought exercise. Guess we'll have to wait and see if anything is in the works!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Revel has short travel nailed. I'm hoping for a 150/160mm bike that can take at least 10mm more fork, since the rear feels like more travel and the fork gets overwhelmed on Canfield bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts