Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

IT'S BACK!

The 2020 Canfield Balance is available in a Limited Edition version featuring a polished raw mirror-finish aluminum frame, rainbow oil-slick links and a numbered production badge featuring Lance Canfield’s signature. Only 100 will be produced.

For 2020, the Balance features 169 millimeters of rear travel, boost spacing, a custom CBF™ chainstay protector, refreshed geometry and longer reach across all sizes.

In addition, the Balance will be available in two new metallic flake factory colors, Desert Loam and Deep Space.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That polished frame is gorgeous to say the least. I'm curious how progressive the rear suspension came out being? Seeing coil as default makes me think there is a decent amount built in but this thing is looking like a sweet park bike and curious about rear end characteristics.

·
Your bike sucks
2,121 Posts
Oh man. I just ordered. Very rare for me to make a spontaneous purchase like this but...so it goes. Looking forward to the journey Lance.

Reactions: CWnSWCO

·
Registered
453 Posts
count me in!!
email sent!
1 medium SE frame please
i am all fired up, how can we wait until May? wow

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slightly progressive, but not a HUGE ramp up.

Overall characteristics will be very similar to the last gen Balance, just longer travel and metric shock sizing now.

That polished frame is gorgeous to say the least. I'm curious how progressive the rear suspension came out being? Seeing coil as default makes me think there is a decent amount built in but this thing is looking like a sweet park bike and curious about rear end characteristics.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
ooooooohhhhhh mannnnnnnn.... I have been about to pull the triggy on 2 other bikes that were finalists this week - and this!

But I must say, I don't/won't need this much travel and now will see when the TOIR (riot) is relaunched!!

Can I expect a release on the website for the TOIR later today or tomorrow?? (hoping SOON!)

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Yeah now trying to decide if I wait for the 29er to launch or does may shor ass go mullet on the Balance. That Desert loam Is gorgeous.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i am going to pimp the heck out of this build

CaneCreek eEwings Tie-Dye are going to fit perfectly with this link!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Trying to decide what color. The polish is so tempting. What brake mount is that for the rear? Looks like IS but the site says post mount.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Next bike will be a bit more gravity focused. Other trail bikes will be a bit later in the season, so don't want to keep you waiting too long...

Yeah now trying to decide if I wait for the 29er to launch or does may shor ass go mullet on the Balance. That Desert loam Is gorgeous.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Next bike will be more gravity oriented. Trail bikes are still a ways out.

ooooooohhhhhh mannnnnnnn.... I have been about to pull the triggy on 2 other bikes that were finalists this week - and this!

But I must say, I don't/won't need this much travel and now will see when the TOIR (riot) is relaunched!!

Can I expect a release on the website for the TOIR later today or tomorrow?? (hoping SOON!)

·
West Chester, PA
4,930 Posts
Polished with oil slick links was genius. You couldn't get someone to flow you some oil slick sram parts for your glamour shots though? ;)
That blue is really nice too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Polished with oil slick links was genius. You couldn't get someone to flow you some oil slick sram parts for your glamour shots though? ;)
That blue is really nice too.
Countdown is on until the first AXS/eewings build comes out on the polished/oil slick frame...

1 - 20 of 155 Posts