Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now that the Mission is refreshed, they turned the Catch into a Release 29, The Sync'r Carbon has been around a little while... what are you looking for next?

Any more full suspension models? After all Yeti has a 100, 130, 140, 150 :D A full suspension XC bike might be fun.

General update of the Release? (following category trends of tire size options with a flip chip, 2.6 tires, 170 dropper, etc)

Are the Overdrive or Oso families interesting enough to talk about?

For a BMX heritage brand, I'd like to see more and better kid and junior bikes. I don't get why Raleigh's are so much better.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I'm not sure honestly. DB seems to be in flux lately, so I'm not sure what will actually happen.

I'd love to see an XL for the mission (not that I'm in the market right now). I am only 6'1", and I test rode the new Mission in size Large... and it felt tiny. I actually went back to the DB booth and asked for an XL, and thats when I found out that they don't even exist.

The stack height in particular was way less than I was expecting. IIRC, its at least 20mm less than my Kona Process of the same size, and I have a 38mm riser bar on that, so the effective size difference was like 2in less stack than my personal bike.

A redo of the releases would be great, but I think its unlikely. I'd like to see more 29'ers from them, but with the release 29'er already on the market, I'm not sure if thats likely.

A short travel VPP bike could be really interesting (Transition smuggler/Ibis Ripley type).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, it's still not clear what Accell's plans are for DB in US. In Canada they sold off the name rights to DB and their other brands to a Canadian company who under the deal can basically do whatever they want. I think it'll be weird to have completely different products or bikes with the same name in Canada and US. I imagine they will follow suite here as well. Just my opinion...and there is 100% chance I could be wrong. :D

Then there is this whole thing of not having model years for bikes. It's like "we never know when we might be dropping a new bike, it could be any day." Kind of weird. Maybe for a small company like DB it makes sense and not have to make commitments to release new bikes around a certain time. IDK, but it's probably not good for us as consumers not knowing when new models will be arriving.

Release definitely needs an upgrade, long overdue, but I highly doubt it'll happen soon. As ocnLogan stated about the 29ers, doubt they will be anything new in that area as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
$1?! Someone got a great deal. I could've chipped in. ;)

According to Bicycle Retailer the same company (Regent) purchased Mavic as well with plans to give them more freedom. Maybe this means good news for DB as well. Who knows.

·
Administrator
11,819 Posts
that explains their lack of kids bikes or really most things. Hope they bring it back around, seek out knowledge of what the actual american market is looking for and continue to deliver. Too late for my kids but at one point they had a contender for them. Still have a gravel bike and unicycles from them but doubt I will be back for anything new unless they innovate and work that pricepoint they are so well known for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
For those still sticking with DB, here are more news where the brand is headed. Some exciting stuff:

"He said ACG will offer IBDs "a full suite of benefits," including competitive terms and margins; in-store and digital marketing support, all-new websites; demo program offerings; strong consumer traffic driven from Diamondback.com; dealer-focused staff training and engagement programs; rental programs; and more."

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/ind...abda-west#block-fb-social-fb-article-comments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.