Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for your creative frame storage ideas on the new Strive 29er. I saw a thread in this forum on the Specialized XC SWAT Box, and I think I can make that work on the new frame. It's a little different.

Before I committed to that plan, I thought I'd see what others were doing for tube/tool/etc storage on the bike.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Looking for your creative frame storage ideas on the new Strive 29er. I saw a thread in this forum on the Specialized XC SWAT Box, and I think I can make that work on the new frame. It's a little different.

Before I committed to that plan, I thought I'd see what others were doing for tube/tool/etc storage on the bike.

Thanks.
I'm probably in the minority here, but I use the water bottle bosses for a water bottle cage (and a bottle, go figure). Then I wear a small hip pack (ie., fanny pack) to carry whatever tools/etc I need. If the ride warrants more than one water bottle, then I'll be wearing a pack and I can keep the tools/tube/etc in that along with the water.

IMO, the Strive is already a fairly heavy bike so I don't want to weigh it down even more than I need to. Oh, and if you haven't already, check out Tubolito. Those things cut your required carrying capacity in half.

And to answer your original question, I'd look into the Backcountry Research straps, and put what you need under the saddle. They're bomb-proof and keep things out of the way til' you need them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.