Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a SJ Expert 29 on sale plus some extra off from the shop. I switched from a 5010v3 C and as good as that bike was, the Expert might be the best bike I have had to date, and I have had a few. It really leaves nothing to be desired, and rides so efficient, fast, and smooth its ridiculous. I can't say I notice a real difference having my first set of carbon wheels from alloy wheels, but it came with them, so be it. I did lace up an i9 Hydra to the rear, and I have to say, its pretty dam smooth and instant. It's a higher pitch sound than any of my previous Profile, i9, or Hope hubs, but its not over bearing like the Profiles. Have to see how it holds up. Only negative is that there is literally nothing else to do to the bike, so it might get a little boring not having to upgrade or customize anything lol Anyway, if anyone is considering the Expert, I highly recomend it for one bike trick.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, I am hoping for the best with them. I just got back from Snowshoe for a week with the 5010 which had Guide's. Went all week on the long flow trails and black diamond trails, and had zero issues with them. To say they got used would be an understatement. But if these act up or fail, I will get some Codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.