Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I bought a spark rc 20 2019 second hand from a friend and from day one the fork felt strange and I suspect the damper might be defective. Of course there's no warranty replacement in the cards here so I'm simply looking from some help. By local bike shops that are very familiar with fork and shock servicing are having a hard time finding what's wrong with my fork. The twinlock doesn't seem to be working in the middle setting when the damper is installed back in the chassis (he tech says he doesn't feel any difference from open mode to traction mode) but when the damper is out he can feel it. He also noticed that the twinlock says Fox on it. Is it normal that the twinlock in 2019 is Fox branded event though the front fork is Rockshox SID?

I'm getting a little annoyed with all the issues with the SID and I would perhaps like to simply replace the fork. Here are my questions:

• What is the fork offset on the 2019 Spark RC? Is is 44mm or 51mm? How badly would the handling be if I were to run 44mm if the stock offset is 51mm?
  • I'm looking at buying a Fox 32 SC or 34 CS, 100mm with the FIT4 3-position remote lockout. Any chance the remote works with the older 2019 twinlock? The cable pull length is very tricky to get right so maybe it would not work.
  • Should I just drop the whole twinlock activated remote lockout from the front fort? How bad would the back/front balance be affected if running a simpler 2 position lockout in the front? Could I get a 2 position lockout to work with the existing twinlock by messing with the cable pull so that it's loose enough to not lock in the middle position but does lock on the 3 positions?

Thanks everyone, it's very hard (in normal times) to get any propriety Scott suspension part from rockshox in Canada and I miss the simple non-propriety suspension part...

·
Registered
Fully & eMTB fully & XC HT
78 Posts
So far I know the off set is 51mm

My Scott Scale had also an 51mm off set. Changed it to 44mm and worked for me even beter. I replaced the for for an Rockshox SID SL Ultimate with twistlock. Did not use grip that came with it. Used the ESI Chunky grips. Cut it on the right size for the twistlock.

I did not like the 3 postion remote from scott. ..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking at maybe replacing the fork altogether for a new Fox 34SC 100mm Fit4 with the 3 positions lever and I'm wondering if this will be compatible with my current twinlock made to run the RS SID. Any input is welcomed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.