Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any more pics of the Genius and Spark 700 lineup for 2019?

Been loving my 2018 Genius 920, but very interested in seeing the updates for 2019.

I noticed that the 2019 E-Spark now has the Geometry flip-chip from the Genius. I wonder whether this implies a slight facelift for the normal Spark as well?

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Scott Spark RC Pro, WC and RCSL look the part.
Disappointed they moved away from FOX forks on most models.

Understand SRAM and Rock shock go together but really love Shimano brakes and Fox forks. The RC is the best spec, color IMO but way to expensive and not convinced the weight saving doesn't sacrifice strength.

I think if I went for the WC I would change the forks to Fox elite black color and without as much flouro. Maybe even change the brakes to shimano XT.

Not sure about the one piece bars as very expensive to change out for stem length. Also how do you adjust the role of the bars for personal set up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Scott Spark RC Pro, WC and RCSL look the part.
Disappointed they moved away from FOX forks on most models.

Understand SRAM and Rock shock go together but really love Shimano brakes and Fox forks. The RC is the best spec, color IMO but way to expensive and not convinced the weight saving doesn't sacrifice strength.

I think if I went for the WC I would change the forks to Fox elite black color and without as much flouro. Maybe even change the brakes to shimano XT.

Not sure about the one piece bars as very expensive to change out for stem length. Also how do you adjust the role of the bars for personal set up.
I’ve just picked up a 2017 scale World Cup at a silly cheap price.
The first think I’m going to do is change the forks from RS to FOX SC factory’s

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the pics and video.
trying to work out amongst the Scott Spark RC's, what is that bit's-er which is black with flouro orange and flouro yellow highlights? Is that a Pro version that is SRAM? The one up the back that is like a bronze color is also a Pro but guessing its Shimano XT gearing?

Are there two versions of the RC SL and the Pro? One shimano gear and other SRAM?

Not much fox fork option but all the frame Shox are fox! Why mix Fox and Rock shock in suspension setup?

This years Scott 2019 is really a bit's-er mix, did they just get what ever leftovers and try to come up with models?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agreed. Now that they've publicly released the models at Eurobike does anyone know the actual specs of the bikes? Nothing on their US website yet..

·
Registered
120 Posts
They are probably mixing suspension for a few reasons. Fox already designed a rear shock to work with twinloc system so there is no point in re-designed that with rockshox since I find it works pretty good but I do notice they are now using EVOL cans on them, really curious how this changes the bike so I will wait for a review and possibly upgrade the rear shock, maybe it only needs a EVOL can upgrade

As for the front fork the fox 32 step cast is an absolute noodle, such a fork should not exist in my opinion. The SID is way stiffer and only a few grams heavier, well worth the trade off. Another option would have been a fox 34 step cast which would have been really nice as well

I'm just glad they didn't change the frame geometry :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
They are probably mixing suspension for a few reasons. Fox already designed a rear shock to work with twinloc system so there is no point in re-designed that with rockshox since I find it works pretty good but I do notice they are now using EVOL cans on them, really curious how this changes the bike so I will wait for a review and possibly upgrade the rear shock, maybe it only needs a EVOL can upgrade

As for the front fork the fox 32 step cast is an absolute noodle, such a fork should not exist in my opinion. The SID is way stiffer and only a few grams heavier, well worth the trade off. Another option would have been a fox 34 step cast which would have been really nice as well

I'm just glad they didn't change the frame geometry :)
Some good points there, thanks. Yes I have noticed the 32 step cast was a bit ordinary and the only boost SID I have tried is the Brain version. Have always found the Fox fork's more plush and responsive. I have a 150 also on the Genius and it's really smooth.

I'm not a big fan of the peacock colors. Flouro went out in the 80's.

We don't ride peacocks, we want stealth weapons! The SL looks the part but out of most peoples price reach so be great if there was a Non-SL spec and stealth color scheme with XO and XX1 spec bikes with fox forks and XT brakes. The winning combo.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Be really interested to hear from a Scott bikes authority on what the reasoning was for the 2019 peacock color schemes? I have heard many reactions including 'they have lost the plot'.

Just because you have a champion in Nino and the geometry seems right, doesn't mean you can throw any color scheme out there and expect great sales.

After 2018 RC team being the go to best value bike of the year I still find it hard to believe the 2019 Team RC has been released in mainly orange! I'm considering going to alternative brands or finding some old Scott stock somewhere of 2017, 2018.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yea I agree the colors for 2019 are weird. I'm glad I picked up the last large 2018 genius 700 tuned. The color scheme reminds me of Gulf motorsport colors. Love it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, that color is nice, especially on the regular Spark combined with a shiny black fork and some parts of the frame clear coated.

41 - 60 of 585 Posts