Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, how many clicks of rebound do you have for your front and rear?
I tried Yeti recommended setup and don't find it optimal.
I am CO front range rider, so loose rocks are predominantly what I ride.
I searched the forum for this info and could not find it. So sorry if I am double posting.
Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi, how many clicks of rebound do you have for your front and rear?
I tried Yeti recommended setup and don't find it optimal.
I am CO front range rider, so loose rocks are predominantly what I ride.
I searched the forum for this info and could not find it. So sorry if I am double posting.
Thanks in advance for your input!
I don't think there is a right answer for this. This is all based on preference. I started with the recommended settings for the rear shock (I upgraded to a DPX2). I have found that the Yeti recommended settings for the rear are pretty close to where I wanted them. For the rear, if you're feeling like you're getting bucked, slow the rebound down. If you feel like your rear is stacking up and gets progressively harsh on the chatter, speed it up a bit.

For the front, this is ALL preference. I ride the front range too and trails like Heil are a great place to hone in rebound. I had rebound settings too slow where blasting through the downhill parts of Heil stacked up my fork and I quickly got into the lower part of the travel. Sped up the rebound 3-5 clicks and the fork started staying more stable in the mid-travel making for a better ride.

Regardless of the bike you have, the above is pretty much true across the board. For the record, I ride a 2017 (gen 2) SB5 with a Fox 34 up front and a DPX2 in the rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.