Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson V3 but I have a question about cranks I hope you all can answer before I reach out to SC. I have posted this on the SC forum, but I think I might get more traction here.

I found in the tech specs that the chainline spec is 55mm for my frame.
I am looking at the 12 speed XTR crankset, however they are only 52mm. I am not really looking to run SRAM since all of my other components are Shimano XTR, so they are out of the picture, but what does everyone think about the Shimano FC-MT900? Will it work despite the 52mm chainline?

I have seen some people running the newest XTR cranks on Bronson V3's, so I’m guessing the 52mm chainline works okay?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
IDK specifically about the XTR cranks, but if the ring clears the chainstay sufficiently and the chain clears the the tire, then 52 will work fine. I run 52 offset (normal offset) on my boost bikes (55 offset), including a Tallboy, because it slightly favors the larger cogs where I do most of my pedaling.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dredging this up rather than create a new thread...

I have the same frame. S build kit with the Stylo 7k cranks. I'm replacing the drivetrain wear components. Trying to figure out which chainring I need. Obviously it's a boost rear end. Per this link:

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-CA/bike/bronson/3

I'm shooting for a 53mm chainline. Does this mean I need the 3mm offset version of the x-sync 2 chainring, or is the offset already built into my cranks/BB axle since the whole bike is setup around a boost rear end anyway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.