Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone on here can answer this, that would be great.

Are the tires tubeless ready? Does this mean all I have to do is remove the tube, add new valves and tubeless compound, and inflate?

Or do I need to buy tubeless tape and all that?

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
you will need tubeless tape as well as stems and goop. i removed the original red rim strips. i mention that because i have seen write ups where they left them on.
also....i have heard of several rear tires blowing off the rim after going tubeless. mine did this, so i switched to max tire and that worked fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi raleigh5, you mention the rear tire blowing off. Is this in general or on Marin 29" rims? I just converted my RZ3 to tubeless and the bike mechanic at the bike shop mentioned the rims not having the normal inner lip. He said they converted just fine though. I've only been able to put a few miles on since then, finger crossed.

And yes, you will need rim tape, valves and compound.

Edit:
I found your older post about this issue and running Vee tires. My RZ3 came with WTB so hope to not have issues. Also seems like it was right away and not while riding that you had issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.