Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
i ran 2.8 minions on the stock rims, fit with plenty of clearance. lots of grip, but lots of rolling resistance too. i settled for a 2.6 dhf in front for great cornering and 2.5 agressor in the rear for faster rolling. very good combo.

i will say maxxis 2.6 is a bit smaller then bontrager 2.6, and maxxis 2.8 is only a bit bigger then bontrager 2.6. the knobs are bigger on either size maxxis though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
i ran 2.8 minions on the stock rims, fit with plenty of clearance. lots of grip, but lots of rolling resistance too. i settled for a 2.6 dhf in front for great cornering and 2.5 agressor in the rear for faster rolling. very good combo.

i will say maxxis 2.6 is a bit smaller then bontrager 2.6, and maxxis 2.8 is only a bit bigger then bontrager 2.6. the knobs are bigger on either size maxxis though.
Thanks for your reply. So the 2.8 cleared the fork with no problem?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
yes with the stock rims. i dont know what will happen if you use line 40s though.
Thanks mate. Went to the LBS today and disscussed tire options. Looks like a 2.8 DHF/2.6 DHR2 will be the combo. Its a bummer the DHF doesnt come in maxx grip or the Assegai doesnt come in 2.8 but oh well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts