Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***UPDATE***
The County of Santa Cruz Public Health Division is now investigating several acute gastrointestinal illnesses associated with attending the Old Cabin Classic Race or the After Party on 05/04/2019. They need information from both ill and non-ill attendees to help estimate the number of people impacted and to prevent future illness. Please help them by completing this short survey at your earliest convenience:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZP8J2CJ
***END UPDATE***

We've had a number of people report food sickness following Saturday's event. We are so sorry if this impacted you! We are working with the County to track this and help them determine the source. If you or anybody you know suffered from food sickness symptoms, please report this directly with the County at your earliest convenience. They would like to know exactly what you ate, your symptoms, time of onset, duration, etc.
REPORT VIA PHONE: 831-454-2022
REPORT VIA EMAIL: [email protected]
REPORT ONLINE: http://scceh.com/Home/FoodborneIllnessReportForm.aspx

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Completed the survey last night. I’m still unsure as to whether my food poisoning was from the taco truck at OCC or from the taco truck at Trail Head Cyclerly’s demo day the next day, but I did put additional comments in the survey with all those details, including the time of day I started feeling ill.

·
Hella Olde
2,541 Posts
That Taco truck was a favorite. This is a major blow to their business. I wonder if they used tainted supplies or caused the problem via hygiene issues. i have heard of numerous cases of Gi illness from ppl eating there at the OCC.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
So folks got sick here and Leopold and son got ill too at the Trailhead bikes taco truck the same day. Sounds like a supplier problem, possibly.

Bummed for all.

fc

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
So folks got sick here and Leopold and son got ill too at the Trailhead bikes taco truck the same day. Sounds like a supplier problem, possibly.

Bummed for all.

fc
I ate tacos on Friday at Trailheads Demo, but did NOT get sick.

Well, I was dead a$$ tired trying to get as many rides in for the 4 hours. I think that might be related to training and not what I ate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.