Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a 2018. Same bike, different paint. I wanted a do all bike when I went with the Jet, and that’s what I got. Other bikes I looked at were the Ripley LS and Trail 429. I ended up going with the Jet mostly over the black color. Plus I grew up where Niner was founded and had owned an AIR9

Cons: Reach is short for modern standards and standover could be lower. I had to downsize to a medium, but I have short legs 5’10” with 30” inseam

I increased the fork to 140mm to prevent pedal strikes and slow down the steering.

The first year I ran a plus wheelset. While I liked the cushy ride, I wanted the roll over of 29 wheels. I bought a 29 wheelset and run 29x2.6 tires. With the 140mm fork and 29x2.6 tires, it makes a capable trail bike. I’ve ridden almost everything at Moab, Sedona and Fruita with it including double black diamond trails.

I can switch out to narrower tires , and drop the fork back to 130mm. If i can change out pedals from flats to clipless and have a sub 27lbs XC bike, perfect for marathon events

CVA climbs amazing and some claim it to be one of the plushes suspensions. I hear DW can be harsh.

In a perfect world, I would have a 150mm trail bike and a 100mm XC bike. But for a 120mm bike it can checks quite a few boxes

Niner has had its issues. But many brands have. They kinda lost their cool boutique factor. But I think they have turned things around and seem to be back on track.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've got a 2017, Wich doesn't have the internal guides for the internal routing, but it's otherwise the same as the 2018-2019 frame. I got a 27.5+ bike that came with the 140mm fork. I agree with Five0s assessment of the bike. It's tall and short compared to modern tends, I'm 5'6.5" so between the small and medium size recommendations, I went for the medium, it's a good length for me, but the height is pushing it a bit. A small would have been way too short though.

The bike rides awesome.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.