Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a 2019 Krampus complete on order. It comes with Novatec hubs (non-XD), Sunrace 11-42 11spd cassette, and NX crank & rear derailleur.

I am going to upgrade to the GX Eagle drivetrain (well, X01 rear derailleur, but GX for the rest) since I have most of the components already.

Questions:
1. Anyone know what model Novatec hub is on the rear? I assume I have to get a Novatec-made XD driver to replace whatever driver comes with the bike. Novatec's web site makes it clear that their XD drivers are matched to specific models of their hubs, which makes sense. Surly doesn't mention the model #.

2. Anything special with the chainline I need to be aware of on the Krampus, other than Boost? I assume the DUB BB (73mm BSA) + DUB GX Eagle crankset should line up with the GX Eagle Cassette OK - is that true?

Thanks for any help. I was trying to buy something tonight online since a lot of places are extending their Memorial Day sales through midnight. Longshot, I know. Otherwise I'd just call the LBS I bought the bike from...

Tom

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,834 Posts
Everything else will be compatible and align properly, but you need to figure out the correct XD freehub for that hub. If there isn't a PN stamped on the hub shell for reference you may need to ask Surly directly (through your LBS).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, OneSpeed - was hoping the hub/driver was the only issue. LBS should call me back today to confirm which XD is needed for the Novatec hub on the Krampus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SRAM-GX-Ea...tte-Derailleur-Trigger-Chain-Kit/223496621826

Just get this. I've done this to a whole bunch of bikes including a first gen Krampus and a new one. Works fantastic.
----------------------------------------------------

I actually have that very kit from ebay, but for some reason I cannot recall, I thought that the driver on the 2019 Krampus' rear Novatec hub is not a 'standard' driver? If it is, I'm all set! LBS hasn't called back yet to verify...

·
turtles make me hot
11,675 Posts
----------------------------------------------------

I actually have that very kit from ebay, but for some reason I cannot recall, I thought that the driver on the 2019 Krampus' rear Novatec hub is not a 'standard' driver? If it is, I'm all set! LBS hasn't called back yet to verify...
I can't imagine what else it would be. It'll mount up fine. That bike comes with an 11 speed Sunrace cassette.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.