Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've been running my Pike @ 140mm for over 2 years and several thousand miles. No issues, I'm only 160ish lb, but even at a heavier weight I don't think I would be too concerned about it.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
My steel Honzo has a 120. I've ridden them with 140s and 650 plus tires. My preference is 120 because it's not a bike I use for big hits and I like the general purpose good handling from it. Ratcheting pedals is plenty fine for dealing with ground clearance. If this helps, my riding is divided in 3. Ride from driveway to trailhead, ride a very modern flow/jump trail system, and ride old school woods/rocks/logs up and down stuff.

This is really personal preference stuff. Another Honzo rider I used to join was just as strong on liking his 140 mm fork as I was the 120.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My previous bike was a Canfield nimble 9 and I was running a 140mm on that and liked it a lot. The stock fork on my honzo kinda sucks and I’m used to Fox anyway. Might swap forks and try it out I’ve been having issues with pedal strikes around here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.