Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
what a joke
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does it ride, climbing, descending and general trail riding?

Would you buy it again?

How does it compare to other bikes you have ridden?

I’m 6’5” 240lbs ready to ride. I’m looking at the Pro Race. I have been riding an Anthem 29er for the last 6 years. Had a 5Spot for 4 years before that.

I want a bike that climbs well and is stable in the dh chunk. I’m not a big jumper but expect I could improve considering the Anthem is not the best for that.

Also looking at a Ripmo, SB130, and Genius.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Demo'ed one today at Dirt Rag Dirt Fest. Climbing was ok but I suck at climbing so I'm not the best to comment on that. Definitely had no issue with grib on the damp rocks and sandy soil I was climbing. Downhill was a blast. Bike is fast for sure. Railed the turns and handle all the rocks and roots I could throw at it like a champ. I'm shorter than you but a bit heavier at 6'2" and 300#. I would have probably demo'ed an XL but it was out and the expo was closing so I took out the XXL. It actually fit me pretty well. It was the CF Pro Race 29 that I demo'ed too. I don't jump and didn't today so nothing to say about that. I made the mistake of riding flats instead of my own clipless pedals so I didn't get the absolute best ride out of the bike and I only rode it for about 3 or 4 miles. But even despite that...I was impressed. I wish I was in the market for one since at the end of the demo they offered me 15% off. Maybe next year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.