Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Really tempting but considering I've spent the last 3 months preparing for 'cross season I'm just not sure I can handle 15/20 hours on the bike. Maybe next year, or maybe this year.

·
Registered
696 Posts
brutal. I rode the Creampuff 100 years ago...100 miles / 14k elevation with all the descending on challenging, but fun, single track (three descents of the Alpine Trail)...but 20k of climbing (with Coe steepness and heat) sounds out of reach for me.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,259 Posts
It's only hot for a few hours during the day... the rest is morning or night time, and is mostly quite cool. :);):p

Think of it as a 24 hour race, but one giant loop instead of riding the same little loop over and over again.

See you guys again this year, hopefully.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,259 Posts
Intrigued! Maybe if I start training now I'll be ready for 2020.

What's the ideal bike for this sort of craziness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ideally a bike that has smaller gearing for the steeps and at least front suspension. It's not techy, but the singletrack trails are very rough/primitive. You want to be comfortable.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once you've resigned yourself to the fact that you will suffer like nothing else, it's not so bad. For most people, the Hard Coe're 100 will be the toughest physical/mental challenge they have ever done on 2 wheels. Just to finish is to win.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.